Infuse Reboots Self

goldenlion007

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I am leaving the Apple family and moving to the Android family (yay). So as of 1Aug2011 I get the Samsung Infuse from my locale AT&T store. And almost right off the bat it reboots itself. My thought is no biggie it fresh from the box . Ok then I go to install some of my Android market apps, that i previously got while test running the HTC Inspire. Its reboots again, and again my thought is well maybe it needs to for the app. Then it happens while adding contacts, taking a video, watching a video, on the phone, listening to music adding music, changing wallpapers. All-in-all I have lost count of the self reboots its done to me. I am at a loss, AT&T CSR says take it back its a lemon, Samsung CSR recommends the same thing. Things I did to take app and human error out of the equation.

1. Reformatted both SD cards Twice.
2. Soft Reset
3. Hard Rest
4. 2 Factory Resets

This seems to be common cause my friends Infuse does the thing just no where as frequent. I really like this phone and want to stick with this but this is not a very good selling point, lol. Does anyone have any idea or clue as to what the error could be or whats causing it?
Does anyone else's Infuse do this? If so, how come this is not documented? If not, how the hell did I get the only POS out there?
All right Android family help me out. Thanks for reading this, please all flamers push on.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Since you just got it, take it back and get another one. You still have the warrenty and can do that. Its a Lemon. It happens sometimes with some owners. There is no real reason why, its just a fact. Ive never had that problem with mine. But if I did, its going back because I paid for something to peform the way its advertised to do so :)

Oh and BTW, Welcome to Android! Not the best way of being welcomend, but if you swap that out for another and it doesnt give you problems, the Infuse is one of the best Androids out right now to own. Samsungs quality is outstanding and one of the best. The Screen is Super Amoled Plus which to me, Is Simply the best there is right now. No questions asked.

goldenlion007

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Well as of 1100 hours on 3 Aug 2011. I am the proud owner of a brand new Samsung Infuse, zero reboots so far, and I'm as happy as a fat kid in a cupcake factory. Lets hope this one don't leave a sour taste.

kc4tep

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
My first one did that too, they tried to just do a master reboot, told them I already had, swapped out and thus one has been great foit more than a month.

TEP

JonMark#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine will get a little sluggish every few days and reboot randomly .. but then will work just fine and snappy for a few more days before it reboots again. It's slightly frustrating, but since it only happens every few days I didn't think it was too big of a deal. I read somewhere that it's good to reboot these things every couple days anyways, so I figured it was doing it on it's own. The only thing I don't get, is every time it reboots, I have to reset all the settings in my Seesmic twitter app. Resign in and everything. Kinda dumb. But I'm sure that's the app and not the phone.

stevemikez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My Infuse is doing similar things. You guys said to take it in to be replaced under the warranty. Ive had my Infuse for more than a month, would that matter regarding getting it replaced?

rp350z

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Infuse for 1 1/2 months and just this week I was listening to music with the default Samsung music player in my car and the music stopped. It appeared as though it powered off. I had to hold the button on the side until it powered on. I'm not going to bring it back unless it keeps doing this. I really like this phone though.

goldenlion007

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Well almost a month no reboots. I have go launched it, and am no awaiting the 2.3 Gingerbread update. YAY.

@ jonmark take it back bro, get you a new one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781