Infuse Reboots Self
08-27-2011 08:51 PM
- I am leaving the Apple family and moving to the Android family (yay). So as of 1Aug2011 I get the Samsung Infuse from my locale AT&T store. And almost right off the bat it reboots itself. My thought is no biggie it fresh from the box . Ok then I go to install some of my Android market apps, that i previously got while test running the HTC Inspire. Its reboots again, and again my thought is well maybe it needs to for the app. Then it happens while adding contacts, taking a video, watching a video, on the phone, listening to music adding music, changing wallpapers. All-in-all I have lost count of the self reboots its done to me. I am at a loss, AT&T CSR says take it back its a lemon, Samsung CSR recommends the same thing. Things I did to take app and human error out of the equation.
1. Reformatted both SD cards Twice.
2. Soft Reset
3. Hard Rest
4. 2 Factory Resets
This seems to be common cause my friends Infuse does the thing just no where as frequent. I really like this phone and want to stick with this but this is not a very good selling point, lol. Does anyone have any idea or clue as to what the error could be or whats causing it?
Does anyone else's Infuse do this? If so, how come this is not documented? If not, how the hell did I get the only POS out there?
All right Android family help me out. Thanks for reading this, please all flamers push on.08-03-2011 01:14 AM
- TerrignoItaliano PapiSince you just got it, take it back and get another one. You still have the warrenty and can do that. Its a Lemon. It happens sometimes with some owners. There is no real reason why, its just a fact. Ive never had that problem with mine. But if I did, its going back because I paid for something to peform the way its advertised to do so
Oh and BTW, Welcome to Android! Not the best way of being welcomend, but if you swap that out for another and it doesnt give you problems, the Infuse is one of the best Androids out right now to own. Samsungs quality is outstanding and one of the best. The Screen is Super Amoled Plus which to me, Is Simply the best there is right now. No questions asked.08-03-2011 06:04 AM
- Mine will get a little sluggish every few days and reboot randomly .. but then will work just fine and snappy for a few more days before it reboots again. It's slightly frustrating, but since it only happens every few days I didn't think it was too big of a deal. I read somewhere that it's good to reboot these things every couple days anyways, so I figured it was doing it on it's own. The only thing I don't get, is every time it reboots, I have to reset all the settings in my Seesmic twitter app. Resign in and everything. Kinda dumb. But I'm sure that's the app and not the phone.08-06-2011 02:12 AM
- I've had my Infuse for 1 1/2 months and just this week I was listening to music with the default Samsung music player in my car and the music stopped. It appeared as though it powered off. I had to hold the button on the side until it powered on. I'm not going to bring it back unless it keeps doing this. I really like this phone though.08-12-2011 05:36 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- AT&T Samsung Infuse
Infuse Reboots Self
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD