Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Phhhhbbbbtttt

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM:Rooted

Default I picked up an Infuse today!

I tried one when it came out, but it was getting pixellated during web browsing, so I returned it and went back to my old Blackberry. I decided to try it again since my BB is dying a slow death. I love this phone! The screen is nice and big and the resolution and colors are incredible! It's also fast! At this point, I can't imagine needing anything faster or more powerful for what I do. So now, on to customization! I've read a gazillion posts here but, if anyone has a tip that has made this phone all it can be, I'd love to hear it!
    Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die. Save a life.
    LA County Adoption List Humane Society ASPCA
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Hi Tunie. Happy to hear you made the switch What are you looking to do? Root with Custom ROMS or normal add on stuff?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Phhhhbbbbtttt

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM

Default Re: I picked up an Infuse today!

I'm going to do it all! Root! Root! Root!I Hope I don't brick it.:-) I was waiting for the S2, but then I read an interesting post by a mod in xda and decided to wait until next year and just keep my Infuse. I absolutely -love- the screen! I could never go back to a smaller screen again. Still, intermittent pixelation while loading different web pages is a little annoying, but I decided I can live with it. I'm sure they'll come out with a fix. Anyway, this phone is plenty fast for me. I don't need apps to load a millisecond faster. So, I'm here to stay.

Just reading the forums and trying to personalize the phone now. Lot's to learn! lol

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Hi Tunie,
    I have been waiting for the S2 but have also been looking at the Infuse as well. What did the mod say that made you decide to pick up the Infuse instead of the S2?

Quote Originally Posted by tunie View Post
    I'm going to do it all! Root! Root! Root!I Hope I don't brick it.:-) I was waiting for the S2, but then I read an interesting post by a mod in xda and decided to wait until next year and just keep my Infuse. I absolutely -love- the screen! I could never go back to a smaller screen again. Still, intermittent pixelation while loading different web pages is a little annoying, but I decided I can live with it. I'm sure they'll come out with a fix. Anyway, this phone is plenty fast for me. I don't need apps to load a millisecond faster. So, I'm here to stay.

Just reading the forums and trying to personalize the phone now. Lot's to learn! lol
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Phhhhbbbbtttt

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bbdub View Post
    Hi Tunie,
    I have been waiting for the S2 but have also been looking at the Infuse as well. What did the mod say that made you decide to pick up the Infuse instead of the S2?
    Well, he said it's a great phone, but that it probably won't be fully utilized until next year when more apps are developed to take advantage of the dual core. He added that, while it is a bit faster, the increase in performance isn't going to make that much of a difference for most people, but makes sense for gamers who frequent heavy flash sites. For people who are looking for a responsive phone, a good web experience and good messaging, the S2 would be overkill, at least right now. He said there's a lot of hype about it to justify the price, and then compared it to buying a Lamborghini or something similar to commute to work in. He also mentioned that it cost more, for a smaller screen that "he said" was not as good as the screen on the Infuse. I do love this screen! It is amazing, but I digress.:-) He also mentioned something about recording in 1080p and that that was hype too and that it's overkill for most people, right now. I have to say, I shot some video on the Infuse and it was plenty fine for me. He made a lot of sense, for me, anyway. I just thought it wouldn't be smart for me, personally, to spend more money on something I wouldn't use to its full potential. The S2 is a more powerful phone, but I need power and the best screen and so far, the Infuse has not disappointed. When it comes to browsing the web and loading flash sites, I haven't had a problem. However, since I'm not a gamer, I don't run across many full flash sites, so maybe that's why I haven't had a problem.
    Thanked by:
    bbdub 

Download the Dolphin HD browser...that should take care of the pixelation when browsing.
    Thanked by:
    tunie 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Phhhhbbbbtttt

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by G1Crank View Post
    Download the Dolphin HD browser...that should take care of the pixelation when browsing.
    You know, I did download it and it doesn't seem to be happening anymore! I didn't realize it until I read your post. Thank you. Now I know what to do to avoid it. It's not really a big deal, but it was a little off-putting when it happened.

Thanks very much!

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Cool. Thanks for clearing that up tunie. The first thing that came to mind was that it was being delayed for a while! The Infuse looks awesome. I'm glad that you like it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Phhhhbbbbtttt

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by bbdub View Post
    Cool. Thanks for clearing that up tunie. The first thing that came to mind was that it was being delayed for a while! The Infuse looks awesome. I'm glad that you like it.
    Ohhh...yeah, no. I was in turmoil over whether to wait for the S2 or go with the Infuse, so I've been reading around trying to figure out what I needed vs what I thought I needed. The S2 is an awesome phone, but I love the larger screen on the Infuse. It was so funny today. My Infuse was laying on a table next to an iPhone. The guy with the iPhone kept looking at my phone because next to mine, his looked like a toy from a doll house! He finally asked me what it was! I thought I was beyond this but, I have to say, I loved the look of envy in his face especially since, as a co-worker, I never really liked him. lol I'm sure the iPhone is an awesome phone, but that teeny, tiny little non super amoled+ screen just looked so sad next to my Infuse! Anyhow, I'm sorry if I misled in my previous post. I didn't mean to miscommunicate anything...

Quote Originally Posted by tunie View Post
    ...I love this phone! The screen is nice and big and the resolution and colors are incredible! It's also fast! At this point, I can't imagine needing anything faster or more powerful for what I do...
    For everyone who loves the Infuse,

Vote for AT&T's best Android phone

Polls are still open!
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

I've been sitting on my upgrade for nearly 4 months. I would have already had this phone but I wanted to get out of contract to have options of all providers. The SGS2 is really teasing me. If it comes out by early sept I'll get it otherwise I'll get he infuse. I want big/beautiful display and I want web, camera, video. Both should be great after 2 years on a tiny 3GS.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Phhhhbbbbtttt

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by rupst2 View Post
    I've been sitting on my upgrade for nearly 4 months. I would have already had this phone but I wanted to get out of contract to have options of all providers. The SGS2 is really teasing me. If it comes out by early sept I'll get it otherwise I'll get he infuse. I want big/beautiful display and I want web, camera, video. Both should be great after 2 years on a tiny 3GS.
    It's a killer, isn't it? Waiting and waiting.. You can pick up the Infuse at Costco and return it in 30 days if you don't like it and they'll put you right back on your old unlimited plan again. You also have 90 days to exchange the phone for another, but only 30 to go back to your original unlimited data plan. You don't really have anything to lose because, as long as you return the phone in 30 days, you won't lose your unlimited data plan.