1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Default Anyone brave enough to flash?

Gtg from XDA has finally done it. Infused V2 is a stable ROM that's Gingerbread from Rogers.

Love the look and the Voodoo lagfix that makes this beast scream!

You can also download apks of Google Talk with video and Skype with video also. Anyone interested?

sent via Samsung Infuse Type R
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Got it. Also have touchwiz 4.5 installed. Now that makes it a total beast lol.

Sent from my rooted infuse flashed with infused!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

The battery life is real good too. How stable is touchwiz 4.5? Where did you obtain it from?

Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Touchwiz 4.5 is pretty stable. No problems so far. Only thing is I can't get the program monitor widget to work which is ok. I tried installing it and it cause it to fc everytime lol. It is super smooth and I love it. Best launcher I've used so far. I got it from xda on the infused ROM thread. There was a link there probably about 10 or so pages back. Can't get the link cause I'm on my phone but I'll try and find it later.

Sent from my rooted infuse flashed with infused!

Default Re: Anyone brave enough to flash?

Updated from infused 1.5 or whatever to gingerbread. It's pretty cool.

How much difference are you guys seeing in the battery life (real world) after flashing>?

ROM
    Infused

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    How much difference are you guys seeing in the battery life (real world) after flashing>?
    I've seen a significant improvement in battery life. I take my phone off the charger at 8 in the morning and I get about 15 hours with heavy usage (wifi, data, texting, and gaming).

where did you get the google talk apk that allows video chat?? is it over data or wifi??

I flashed infused v2 yesterday, this is my first custom rom i have put on a devcie. I recentley traded my iphone 4 (owned since near release) through craigslist for an htc inspire, which i had for 1-2 weeks and than traded for infuse, again through c/l, about a month ago. I dont see to much of a difference runs smooth but didnt have much problems stock infuse to begin with. Hate the battery life of this phone but better than inspire. Its my first day with infused v2 and minimal usage since 730am and down to 68% battery have not put juice defender back on yet either though hope that will help, and i will also add that i dont get to good servcie at work, which as extra drain on battery, so not the best reading. So what all perks are there that I may be missing on this infused v2, ive noticed servcie status changed H+ to 4G, you get battery % in status bar, diff lock screen, wifi tethering enabled without downloading app and additional options in power menu anything else?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

I would recommend downloading the ASOP lockscreen instead and taking out the battery percentage so you dont constantly look at the percent like I did. The battery improvement is HUGE compared to the Stock ROM. Its about the same as Infused V1.5.3. Nothing but improvements with this ROM.

digthemlows, send me your email and Ill email you the apk. I also have the skype apk that allows video chat.

agreed on ASOP lockscreen aready on

Flashed with the new ROM and it rocks. It is the Galaxy S ROM and it has increased my battery life. It also looks better. I highly recommend it.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

You guys have sold me. I've only had my infuse for 2 weeks, on rogers, but i'm gonna root it and flash this. As soon as I have a little bit of time to read up on what that all entails.
    I come from blackberry, so all this customization is a tad new to me. I look forward to figuring it all out. Wish me luck!
    Phhhhbbbbtttt

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM:Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by kartak View Post
    You guys have sold me. I've only had my infuse for 2 weeks, on rogers, but i'm gonna root it and flash this. As soon as I have a little bit of time to read up on what that all entails.
    I come from blackberry, so all this customization is a tad new to me. I look forward to figuring it all out. Wish me luck!
    I came from Blackberry as well, so this root and flash ROM business makes me a little nervous but I have to do it because I can! lol
    Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die. Save a life.
    LA County Adoption List Humane Society ASPCA
    Phhhhbbbbtttt

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM:Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Terrigno View Post
    Gtg from XDA has finally done it. Infused V2 is a stable ROM that's Gingerbread from Rogers.

Love the look and the Voodoo lagfix that makes this beast scream!

You can also download apks of Google Talk with video and Skype with video also. Anyone interested?

So Terrigno, what are the odds I'll brick my phone? lol
    Don't breed or buy while shelter animals die. Save a life.
    LA County Adoption List Humane Society ASPCA
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by tunie View Post
    lol. For a person that isnt used to doing it, there pretty strong. But ONLY if you dont follow every part of the directions as it says to do. Its not hard to do it really. Samsung is one of the easiest phones to recover from a brick. So If you totally brick your phone, gtg on XDA has his Ultimate UnBrick that will bring you right back to the Factory AT&T Rom. Or the Factory Rogers ROM. Just hit that thread, and follow the directions 1 by 1 that it says to do form whichever ROM your on now. If you follow them the way it says to, you wont brick. But if you do brick, you can always bring the phone right back to stock within about 15-20 minutes.

What I like mainly about Gingerbread is the improvement is has on the look of the theme. More Black, instead of the dull Samsung Grey color.

Is there a thread walk thru on this gingerbread flash ?

Updated to 2.0.2 today, and downloaded juice defender again much better battery life 12 1/2 hours and at 40% battery and noticing more improvements, power key to take photos in camera and the screen shuts off like an old tv screen lol, I'm digging infused!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tunie View Post
    This was my first custom rom flashing as well and no brick like he said just make sure you follow steps to a tee, make sure your reading steps all the way through on xda forums and you should be safe, they got steps to un brick as well if it happens