Cannot log into youtube and watch videos

Crzbiohazard

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey i need some help because I'm not sure if i should just ignore this and not get on youtube on my infuse anymore but whenever i try to log into my account or anyone else's account i would get the message "Cannot play video Sorry, this video cannot be played" on every single youtube video. But when I'm logged out i can see any video on youtube.

I'm not sure if my samsung infuse is defective or something because I DO NOT have the twitter app that everyone says messes up media content. I'm not sure if i should return my phone because of that and because the back battery cover seems to not fully close all the way on the right side where the head phone jack is....

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey i need some help because I'm not sure if i should just ignore this and not get on youtube on my infuse anymore but whenever i try to log into my account or anyone else's account i would get the message "Cannot play video Sorry, this video cannot be played" on every single youtube video. But when I'm logged out i can see any video on youtube.

I'm not sure if my samsung infuse is defective or something because I DO NOT have the twitter app that everyone says messes up media content. I'm not sure if i should return my phone because of that and because the back battery cover seems to not fully close all the way on the right side where the head phone jack is....

I've only had this problem using <edit>Touchwhiz. I use GoLauncher EX and have no problems playing youtube videos after logging in.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

JosephMarcano

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you download their most recent update? I was about to update my YouTube app and saw all the comments saying the update broke the app and they couldnt watch videos anymore. Just wait for them to fix the update which shouldn't be too long.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Did you download their most recent update? I was about to update my YouTube app and saw all the comments saying the update broke the app and they couldnt watch videos anymore. Just wait for them to fix the update which shouldn't be too long.

<edit> I just realized you were talking about updating the youtube app. When I used the stock launcher (Touchwhiz), youtube didn't work for me. I downloaded and installed GoLauncher EX and made it my default launcher. After I did that, running the youtube app that came with the phone I had no problems accessing my youtube account and watching videos. So, for me, the launcher was the issue.

I did download the youtube update yesterday and the oddest thing happened. Instead of updating my app, it loaded a copy of the app onto my phone. I couldn't delete the original, so I deleted the new one, so I'm still using the version that came with the phone when I bought it 8/4 and it works perfectly with GoLauncher EX. <edit> I just wanted to add that I'm still not having a problem playing youtube videos signed in or not signed in. I'm watching a video right now.

Since we have the same phone, I would think youtube would work fine for you as it's working for me. Maybe try installing GoLauncher EX, Dolphin HD and then try running the youtube app? If you browse the web with Dolphin, I'd make sure you clear the cache when you quit it. Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm just trying to share what's working on my phone and hoping it might help you.

Last edited:

dgrebe

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
updated app last night on my Infuse. could only listen to the first few seconds of audio, video appeared to work fine. went to uninstall this morning and saw there was another update. thinking to myself, hell yeah google fixed the problem. updated app again. Now I don't know if the sound issues has been fixed, cause I can't download any videos. Damn it google.:mad:

SkySoldier

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The update really doesn't work well for me either. And I am using Go launcher. It will only play the first 10 seconds of audio, then it's just video.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The update really doesn't work well for me either. And I am using Go launcher. It will only play the first 10 seconds of audio, then it's just video.

I'm also using Dolphin HD instead of the stock browser. The sound was a little glitchy for me when using the youtube app, so I cleared the cache in Dolphin and the sound was restored on youtube to perfection. Maybe try that? I just think it's weird that I'm not having any trouble with youtube.

Google did just block 3rd party apps from accessing gmail, like "WhoIsIt" that I use, so I can no longer use the gmail part of the app. Apparently, it seems Google isn't going to change that, so I'm looking for another app that will allow me to assign alert profiles to certain contacts.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
updated app last night on my Infuse. could only listen to the first few seconds of audio, video appeared to work fine. went to uninstall this morning and saw there was another update. thinking to myself, hell yeah google fixed the problem. updated app again. Now I don't know if the sound issues has been fixed, cause I can't download any videos. Damn it google.:mad:

I'd be interested in knowing if the update placed a duplicate copy of the youtube app on your phone. That's what it did to me, so I deleted it. Do you see 2 youtube apps in your applications list?

dgrebe

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
An uninstall and reinstall and after a reboot seem to fix the problem.
Lesson learned: Don't just update apps as soon as they appear. And read the reviews first.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
That's great! It's frustrating when something like youtube doesn't work. I did download the update, but it didn't update the app. Odd. So I guess it was the update that was causing the trouble. I'm reading the comments more carefully from now on.