anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm so use to typing on the iPhone 4, I'm finding it hard to get use to the Samsung typing.

Are there shortcuts for adding a period, and making the first letter of the next word [not the start of a sentence] CAPS? And using punctuation in general, I don't have to press the shift, then the one I wan't, do I? Is there an option to hold shift and slide to the one I want [I hate to say it], like you can on the iPhone?

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Check out the Gingerbread 2.3 keyboard on the market. I think it covers most of the issues you mentioned.
You could also try Better Keyboard. I don't think it has the ability to automatically capitalize a word in the middle of a sentence or do an automatic period, but the design works much better for me than the others I've tried. You might try a few to find the one that works best for you.

<edit> By the way, I came from a broken old Blackberry with a physical keyboard, so touch screen was a major hurdle for me. Still, after just 1 1/2 weeks, I've gotten pretty fast with fewer and fewer typos. I just had to get used to the keyboard. Try each one for a few days and I'm sure you'll find one that works.:)

Last edited:

estebanj

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
And don't forget to also try both kb options on the Infuse: Samsung Keyboard vs Android Keyboard. So far I like the Android Keyboard better. There's also Swype, and other options in the market.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Swype now, and I've gotten pretty used to it, but I used to use Thumb Keyboard a lot. I did use Thumb Keyboard in the full format, not split, but I liked the way the keys registered when touched, and the autocorrect is very good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos