Can't play youtube

seattlebeersnob

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had my infuse 4g for 2 months now, and I've still never been able to play a youtube video. I'm always getting strong signal strength or on wifi, so connectivity isn't the issue.

I saw that the twitter app causes media problems (which I also experienced), so I deleted that, but alas I still gt the following error every single time I try to watch a video:

There was a problem while playing - Touch to retry.

Help!

ateebtk

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I am having similar problems with media playback issues. I get the exact same error message and not sure how to fix it.

I tried deleting the twitter app and I still get this message

I shut the phone off and on (using standby button on right) and it starts to work but only temporarily ... the next day I am facing the same exact issue

Q) Is there a permanent solution to this problem? or do I have to keep shutting phone off and on?

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue as well. I reboot the power and it works fine for a while. I use twitter though. Maybe Gingerbread will fix?

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you've read some of the reviews of the youtube app in the marketplace but I've seen a lot of people having issues with the updated youtube app. Some with the same issue, others with uninstalling issues. Does it give you option to Uninstall Update? I have the updated youtube app but it is running fine and it has Uninstall Updates option. Also try Force Stopping it. /Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Running and retry opening. I have a shortcut on my homescreen that goes directly there. Hard resetting may not be needed for software hiccups, but for hardware hiccups (wifi/bluetooth,etc) should do the trick. Force closing an app clears the apps cache that's making it hiccup. If that still doesn't work, must be a crappy update.

ateebtk

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
just wanted to post how i resolve my youtube issue (so far at least). I did not really "hard reset" the phone but i deleted the twitter app and instead of that installed another twitter app called Seesmic. After shutting phone off and on ; it has been working for the past 3 days.

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
yeah, I removed twitter app and only use the browser for twitter and youtube/media failing to recognize and play has worked flawlessly. DLNA is working better as well now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos