Music Storage

mtnrose

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I am new to smart phones in general and never thought about using it to store my music. I have a ton of CDs but I was wondering how much storage music uses? Is the best way to store music as mp3 or is there a better way? Also what is the best way to copy a music CD to your Infuse?
:)

dslayton

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The best way is to use Google Music. That way you can have all of your music, without using any of your storage space. Invites to the beta are becoming more and more easier to come by, and you can upload about 20,000 songs. But if you insist on storing the music locally on your device, then keep in mind that each mp3 typically uses about 4mb.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

JakeRoux

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Just a couple of quick tips, as a complete tutorial on this would take several pages and the general concepts are widely available elsewhere on the net - just do a little Googling.

1. .mp3 is the most widely used format and is suitable to most people's needs, so yes, from that standpoint it is "the best".
2. How much space it takes depends on what quality (as expressed in kbps) of encoding you do when you convert your CDs to .mp3s. 128 kbps, 192 kbps, 256 kbps and 320 kbps are the most common settings. The higher the encoding value, the better the theoretical sound quality, the bigger the file size and the more space it takes. I have used primarily 192 kbps on my collection and at that setting, you can store approximately 400 CDs on a 32GB Micro SD card.
3. The easiest way to get them on your device is to encode the CD to .mp3 format, store them on your computer, then connect the Infuse to your computer via USB, and copy and paste them from your computer to your Infuse.

If all of this is new to you, you will need to do some online research in order to know how to convert to .mp3 and copy and paste to your device.

Best wishes.

Last edited:

mtnrose

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to thank you both for the information. sounds like I need to research this and see which way will work best for me. appreciate the help...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca