Is there a way to make US holidays show up on the calendar?

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Calendar, and one option available is to subscribe to various holiday calendars. I have the US holidays listed that way. You can find extra calendars available for subscription by visiting your settings in Google Calendar > Calendar settings > Calendars.

Reactions: anon(1458)

exsterminator

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Calendar, and one option available is to subscribe to various holiday calendars. I have the US holidays listed that way. You can find extra calendars available for subscription by visiting your settings in Google Calendar > Calendar settings > Calendars.

I have US and UK holidays subscribed to on Google mail and can see them on my desktop when looking at the calendar. When I go to my stock calendar, nothing shows up. I have tried syncing several times by going to calendar > settings > calendar sync > selecting my gmail account > selecting sync calendar. I have turned off the phone and turned it on. I have tried a battery pull. Nothing changes.

I do not use Google calendar for appointments/meetings etc so there would be nothing to sync other than the US and UK holidays. Do I need to enter my phone number under the Google calendar settings option to push the data to my cell? This should be straightforward but even searches here show no real resolution.

Help please!!!

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I do. I open my calendar and press the Menu button > Settings > Calendars. There I can put check marks by the calendars I want displayed. They show up on my calendar.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, there are a couple of them in the Market. The one that I'm using now is called US Holiday Calendar and it's free. When going the the list of holiday's, touching it transfers it to your Infuse calendar.

I did pay for one of the calendars that was suppose to do this for you. It showed the holiday on the correct day, but when you transfered them to the Infuse calendar, they'd all be a day after the holiday.

exsterminator

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Fix was something I found with a google search for the problem and slightly weird. Made sure google calendar on my PC has US and UK calendars selected. Downloaded free app called Business Calendar or something and ran it one time. Went to stock calendar and amazingly the US and UK calendars showed up under the calendar option! Selected them and now my stock calendar has colored triangles on dates each month which show the holidays. Uninstalled business calendar app and the US and UK holidays still on stock calendar.

Laura Boisvert

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
I had US Holiday calendar in 2014, and I could click each holiday and it gave me the option of saving it to my default calendar... I downloaded the 2015 version, and I cant get it to do that... why not?
And is there another calendar app for LG G3 that has the US holidays on it?

Mada132

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I think the best way is to download some app that show you the main holidays. I use Let's Celebrate for my iPhone. I simply choose which holiday I want to put in my calendar, and that's all.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
If you use the Google Calendar, holidays are available in settings.
edd0cc94df39eb6dff7021e55580ac99.jpg