Vent mount for Infuse

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyone familiar with any of the vent mounts for the Infuse? Most are universal so they are not just for one type of phone. However, I want something that is sturdy and works well. I have a case on my phone but the mounts I have seen are adjustable so that should not be a problem. I no longer want to deal with the type of mounts that suction to a window as they eventually pop off (not good if you are driving and your phone takes a dive toward the floor :eek: ).

I found this one on Amazon which looks good. Not any major brand that I have heard of but I like how it appears to be solid (mostly based on the reviews and also by checking the images).

Amazon.com: USA Gear In-Car Auto Air Vent Mount for HTC , Motorola , Samsung , iPhone and More - 360 Degree Swivel Head **Includes Micro-USB Phone Charge Cable**: Electronics

Any other thoughts? Has anyone tried one of these and wished they had not?

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Looks good, great price. A little iffy on the spring system for the vent holder. But once you get it on, looks like it will stay. I've never owned a vent style mount so I have no comment on what's best. Only thing that concerns me, by observation of the design, is does it slide side to side while mounted on the vent and it's sturdiness. Or is it too sturdy and breaks the vent blade?

reidcurley

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Rocketfish universal mount at Best Buy the other day. It has a vent mount that looks similar or maybe even identical to the one in your link. Mechanically, it works just fine. I wanted a vent mount because I felt that it would make it easier to reach the phone and make it less likely that sunlight would wash out the display. For the most part this proved to be true. I found that I still needed to rely mostly on voice commands though since the phone still bounces around a fair bit when the road is less than perfect. Also, I closed the vent where the phone was mounted because it was getting pretty cold due to the AC. I imagine it would be worse for the phone in the Winter with heat.

The cradle on the mount in the link seems to be designed better than the Rocketfish. The Rocketfish cradle is tapered from the back to the front, which causes the cradle to push to phone forward rather than simply clutching it securely. This makes no sense to me. It still works, but it takes a little fiddling to get it right.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech