Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By avgsmoe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rom manager Backup of stock rom

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I have rooted my infuse, I used the one click root method. I installed Ti backup and performed a backup of all my apps. I then downloaded Rom Manager latest version off the market. I told it to flash the galaxy i9000 information as thats what i had read was required. Now when I go to make a backup of my rom as it is, it restarts boots into recovery, all the top lettering is blue and says android system recovery, then it shows the options of reboot, reinstall packages,delete all user data, delete cache data, and format internal sd card.

below all this in yellow it shows a bunch of checksum confirmation, then not need cheksum confirmation, Mov1_check executed, update media finished, #MANUAL MODE#, appling multi-csc, installing multi csc, then it shows install defaul apk-files, please wait, then install default apk-files, finished.

at this point the phone just sits there and never reboots or anything. so i choose reboot the system and it does. I can find any backup of the rom on the external or internal sd card. I have both. did i do something wrong somewhere? am i missing the file in the structure somehow? thanks for all the help.

Default Re: Rom manager Backup of stock rom

The same thing happened here. I ran through the same steps as you and I am not able to find the backup of the stock ROM.
    - Mark
    Samsung Galaxy Note
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Question Re: Rom manager Backup of stock rom

Hi, did you find the solution to this problem? I'm having the same exact problem and I have no idea what am I doing wrong.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I was never able to find a solution to this. I had read that a certain kernel was needed. It was too in depth for what I needed. I didn't want to change roms, just backup what I had. Im on an ATRIX now lol. Good luck guys

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX using Tapatalk

You need the modified 3e recovery, and a file manager that will access / (system root) like root explorer

Download the file.

Unzip it
    copy unzipped file contents. Should be just "Recovery"
    Browse to /system/bin/
    Enable read write access if need be
    find "Recovery" and rename it (Recovery.bak)
    paste downloaded Recovery file
    Reboot
    Install update.zip from recovery (might have to try 3 times)
    Thanked by 2:
    edimarcr and trogdoor17 like this.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,904 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by avgsmoe View Post
    You need the modified 3e recovery, and a file manager that will access / (system root) like root explorer

Download the file.

Unzip it
    copy unzipped file contents. Should be just "Recovery"
    Browse to /system/bin/
    Enable read write access if need be
    find "Recovery" and rename it (Recovery.bak)
    paste downloaded Recovery file
    Reboot
    Install update.zip from recovery (might have to try 3 times)
    Alternatively after you get the modified recovery you can download rom manager and use it to install clockwork.

But to answer the OP you need to click on reinstall packages. It might take more than one try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Thanked by:

for some reason it tells me no such file or directory exist in mnt/internal_sd_update.zip.....i check and i don't have a update file there? did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Quinn View Post
    Alternatively after you get the modified recovery you can download rom manager and use it to install clockwork.

But to answer the OP you need to click on reinstall packages. It might take more than one try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Did the following and was able to backup my phone. Not sure what the Update.zip was to do but I was unable to find it as well, I did the install packages in the recovery and was able to make a backup after that.