I'm feeling lucky.. but have a question

Garen21

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I dropped my Infuse in the toilet. Don't ask how. Don't ask why. Don't ask what was in there when it fell. All I know and care about is it was in there for like 1 second, and wasn't fully submersed. I took off the case and popped out the battery. Went and got some rice. After an hour in the rice, I put the battery in and it turned on just fine, and the touch screen worked. Now, water probably got into some of the holes, so I'm worried about sound and charging. How long should I keep it in rice just to be safe?

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
keep it off over night, battery out and everything. if you have the tools and the know-how to take it apart and put back together, do. Let it dry off as much as possible. the rice cannot get inside the phone to dry it out. By no means run a hair dryer on it either.

I did this with my nextel i860. submerged in water for 2-3 secs trying to get out of water ride. Immediately turned it off. When i got home, dismantled the major parts and left it out to dry over night. In the morning, reassembled it and crossed my fingers. Turned it on and it was fine.

Reactions: Garen21

Garen21

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
keep it off over night, battery out and everything. if you have the tools and the know-how to take it apart and put back together, do. Let it dry off as much as possible. the rice cannot get inside the phone to dry it out. By no means run a hair dryer on it either.

I did this with my nextel i860. submerged in water for 2-3 secs trying to get out of water ride. Immediately turned it off. When i got home, dismantled the major parts and left it out to dry over night. In the morning, reassembled it and crossed my fingers. Turned it on and it was fine.

I would disassemble it, but I would probably mess up with the re-assembly.

I just tested it out, everything seems to be working fine. Sound is good, all the ports work, all the buttons work. Even if anything does go wrong, my brother is going to have to pay for the new one, so it's all good. :)

Garen21

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Found something that "broke".
It always says USB Connected and USB debugging connected. When I do plug in the USB, it just shows charging. I just upgraded to Infused v1.6, so it might be from that?

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I have heard the best way to get the water out of the infuse is to get some Silica Granules, the ones that absorb moisture, and to put the phone in it. I believe that there is a brand of kitty litter that will absorb all the moisture.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2