Samsung Infuse Freezing
09-18-2011 04:21 PM
My Infuse (bought in Aug) seems to be freezing and lagging alot recently. I am having a host of problems and erratic behavior with this device and frankly quite disappointed in my "upgrade".
Here are the symptoms and any help would be appreciated;
- opening dolphin browser will result in blank white screen, will not respond, i'll tap home screen, and open another app (e.g textplus) it will keep showing refreshing symbol and not send texts, again i'll tap home screen, and open tweetcaster (it will work fine), click home, and open dolphin browser again .. and bam same delio .. black white screen. wat the heck ?
- at this point the phone will slowly start to lag like 2-3 seconds (sometimes 5 sec). after 2 minutes the refresh symbol will appear on top of screen and the back will feel noticeably warm. It will freeze on whatever screen it was and not do anything (... freeze u know). At this point i wait .. wait wait.. like 10 - 20 minutes still same delio.. wat the heck?
- having problems with the wifi jawn too but thats not even as severe with the above. It keeps switching to 4g data plan despite being in range of wifi. doesn't auto. connect to wifi unless i turn wifi off and on again.
I have done the inevitable "take out battery > wait> put back in again " routine 2 times today already. I have not done hard reset yet b/c don't know how to back up this jawn .
Any solutions ,tips, help appreciated. (already sent Samsung an email)
Thanking in advance,
ATK09-12-2011 01:15 PM
- Kevin OQuinnAC Team EmeritusThe refresh symbol at the top of the screen means the phone is syncing. You might just be trying to do too much at the same time. I've had the issue you're having with dolphin on other phones, too. I'm pretty sure I was pushing the phone pretty hard. Like making a lot of network requests at the same time. Too many things trying to connect to the network to pull in data at the same time could cause some issues.09-12-2011 10:42 PM
- appreciate your response. but i don't think i am pushing the phone whenever it freezes on me. Alot of times I just turn it on (from standby) and click one app (e.g textplus/facebook) and it will freeze.
I have noticed a trend though; it only freezes when I am at my university. It has NEVER frozen at home where my wifi connection is "open/unsecured". My university has a secure wifi connection where students have to log in with their school usernames. And often times the school wifi will log you out especially if you move from building to building. The Infuse seems to freeze only at school. If I turn WIFI off and only use data it has not frozen.
Not sure how to fix this problem.09-18-2011 04:21 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- AT&T Samsung Infuse
Samsung Infuse Freezing
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD