NEW TO ANDROID and Infuse!

99Ritagirl

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got 2 infuse' and am looking ofr some guru knowledge on APPS, Games and access...
while in Android market i see all these free apps and scuh but when i go to download there are all these warnings about access, and access to my SD card and Not allowing phone to sleep? or im assuming app doesnt close? Can someone school me on this stuff?? also when i go to the Running apps in phone, are all the things necessary and how do you FOR SURE turn an app off if not in use..and to keep battery?!! AND how do i make sure im using the wifi and not my usage when im home or in a HOT SPOT??!!! HELP ANYONE?...Thanks so much!:-*

estebanj

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
For most apps in the Market, those are standard legal disclaimers.

If you see the H icon with red/green arrows, you are on mobile data network (3G/4G). You know when you are on WiFi b/c that icon goes away and you see the WiFi signal indicator icon.

siscim23

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
That window showing the warnings is just letting you know which privileges it needs, nothing to worry about. There is no need to make sure an app is closed when you are not using it, Android is designed to close apps when they are no longer needed in order to save battery or memory. If you see the H+ symbol, you're on the network, if you see a symbol similar to the one below, you're on wifi.

wifi_symbol02.jpg

99Ritagirl

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the info!! So will the phone go Wifi when a hot spot is avail? or do i have to manually do that??

Also...is there a way to manage contacts and calender from a PC? I plugged phone to comp yesterday and thought maybe some software would pop up.. i did tranfer music though!:D im special...ha ha
is there a desktop program to sync with??

ANY battery extending tips too??

Sorry for the amateur questions....im a newbie

99Ritagirl

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
That window showing the warnings is just letting you know which privileges it needs, nothing to worry about. There is no need to make sure an app is closed when you are not using it, Android is designed to close apps when they are no longer needed in order to save battery or memory. If you see the H+ symbol, you're on the network, if you see a symbol similar to the one below, you're on wifi.

wifi_symbol02.jpg

So all those orange warnings will not manipulate anything...are there any warnings i should look for when downloading apps or are the ones in the android market app generally safe? Thxs

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the info!! So will the phone go Wifi when a hot spot is avail? or do i have to manually do that??

Also...is there a way to manage contacts and calender from a PC? I plugged phone to comp yesterday and thought maybe some software would pop up.. i did tranfer music though!:D im special...ha ha
is there a desktop program to sync with??

ANY battery extending tips too??

Sorry for the amateur questions....im a newbie
First of all I'd like to say welcome to the Infuse family,second to answer your question about wi-fi.The phone will connect automatically to a previously saved wi-fi network,but the first time,you'd have to connect it manually,just make sure to toggle the wi-fi button by dragging the notification bar down.Turn it on while connecting and turn it off when you're not using the wi-fi cause it does drain the battery a little quicker.For contacts you can use your google account to help you out there,just import your contacts if no contacts are not already saved to your google account.You can also manage your calendar on google too and Facebook integrates birthdays and such.Now for battery extending tips,I'd been using Juice Defender and purchased the add on which is ultimate,that helped with customizing what apps can use the the network all the time,which ones should not,and one's to operate while the phone is in idle mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463