Cannot connect to market and does this thing record video?

chiklit3

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I cannot connect to the market...I'm sure I did something while being paranoid about accessing data randomly while my phone is on. I have tried clearing the cache, removing the battery and SIM, and checked to be sure flight mode is off and network packaging is on. What else can I do? I just tried to access an app for groupon with a link in the email and cannot get it either...am getting a message "An error has occured. Please try again later." I am able to access Amazon appstore...

Also, I cannot find how to record video?

Thanks for helping!

Went from my beloved crackberry for 4 years to this thing...wow...a whole 'nuther world. ps. I hate touchscreen typing and disabled autocorrect thanks to damnyouautocorrect.com :)

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I cannot connect to the market...I'm sure I did something while being paranoid about accessing data randomly while my phone is on. I have tried clearing the cache, removing the battery and SIM, and checked to be sure flight mode is off and network packaging is on. What else can I do? I just tried to access an app for groupon with a link in the email and cannot get it either...am getting a message "An error has occured. Please try again later." I am able to access Amazon appstore...

Also, I cannot find how to record video?

Thanks for helping!

Went from my beloved crackberry for 4 years to this thing...wow...a whole 'nuther world. ps. I hate touchscreen typing and disabled autocorrect thanks to damnyouautocorrect.com :)

Not too sure on your market issue, short of calling AT&T.

As far as the video issue, open the camera, and in the top left corner of the screen, press the button with the camera and the arrow pointing to the video camera, and that switches you to record mode.

Reactions: chiklit3

chiklit3

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Appears that I had something in the menu called "background data" unchecked and this prevented access. Also it prevented my phone from upgrading the firmwear and I was stuck in 2.2!

handsofdeath

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Appears that I had something in the menu called "background data" unchecked and this prevented access. Also it prevented my phone from upgrading the firmwear and I was stuck in 2.2!

Where is this menu setting at? please explain how to get to it and check it.

thanks

chiklit3

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings, then Accounts and Sync, the first option is Background Data and mine was unchecked.

I am not sure if that will work to get the firmware updated, since the ATT guy who showed me this said I had to wait 24 hours to check again...we were clicking the market hub, etc to try to figure out why it was giving the error so once the error was resolved we had already clicked the update button. However, I am able to access the market now.

Not sure if I took any updates after that yesterday or not.
My firmware is still 2.2.1
Baseband seems to be current at I997UCKH1.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae