Samsung Infuse Help

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,

I have been having a couple of problems with my Samsung Infuse which I am using in UAE but is fully unlocked,

1. I do not get SMS delivery notifications and in searching the settings cant find any. When I put the SIM card in another phone, it shows that the network has activated the same already however with Infuse it does not work.

2. Second issue is that when I send an SMS in local format (local number only) or with plus format (+followed by country code...etc), the SMS shows message failed. Sometimes it sends and sometimes it does not send. Any ideas to correct the same. Again when I shift the SIM card to a new phone, it all works fine.

3. The GPS keeps taking hours and still does not lock on inspite of the fact that I am in an open place where Samsung Galaxy S2 quickly picksup.

I have had no successes on other forums so any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Pathfinder

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
1. In the stock messaging app, hit menu key, Settings, under Text Message (SMS) settings, check Delivery reports. also Scroll down and make sure Notification settings is checked and i'm sure it is.

2. Try here https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...lay.jsp%3FsolutionId%3Dkb38686&token=fXtm-77n
or may be an APN setting not right on the phone? i'd check the service providers recommended settings

3. Try app called Gps status and tools. you can delete gps data and redownload them. Hope it helps

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.very much for your reply.

I checked the settings under Sms and there is no setting called delivery reports like it is there is galaxy s2. I am at my wits end to find this setting.

For the message failed i am trying to.find the correct apn settings.

For gps will.download the app and post the resulta.

Please.assist with any further information on delivery reports. The phone is an unlocked ane i am working on a local network

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I am on a custom GB rom so my default messaging app may be different or updated samsung. But i never use it anyway. I use GoSMS Pro, more features and able to backup as well as your delivery reports. You should try another messaging app. Handcent is also good i hear. With android you aren't locked down to stock apps for phone type use. You can use another dialer/contacts app (I use Contapps) and will automatically see your contacts. Same with the messaging apps, it won't load up blank.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
The GoSMS Pro started working as I wanted. Now I am going to try and fix the GPS. It still does not lock and hopefully it will when i try in the open area.

Thank you very much. After breaking my head for more than 4-5 weeks, you finally provided me the answers. Thanks mate.

Cheers

Pathfinder

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded the GPS tools application and reset and done a download but still the GPS does not log on. Any other suggestions will be appreciated

Best

Pathfinder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez