infuse owners switching to galaxy s2?

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I want one and infuse is my current android phone but its hard to justify the cost. I'm going to hold out for the time being on the galaxy note or the nexus.

xfile

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat.....I was pumped for the GS2 before my Infuse...now it seems like no big deal because the GS2 is so damn late.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
No.

I mean if someone offered to swap one straight up, I probably would, but not worth spending extra money on at this point. Because the infuse 2 or galaxy 3 or whatever will be out when I'm up with this contract.

anon(363857)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Was going to. Had been having trouble with sluggish performance and freezes on my Infuse lately(Couldn't even launch Bing or Google maps without the phone freezing completely). Finally suspecting it was one of the tweaking/macro apps I'd downloaded and no longer use I wiped the phone the other day and... got all my regularly used apps back on it and its humming along with no problem... so I bought a Motorola Xoom tablet instead.

#Winning

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
can't justify a new device this early and it is incremental in performance. A justified device would be if it was LTE, 720p disp., NFC

leeshor

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm all for having the latest and greatest but it still needs to demonstrate that the improvements are worth the expense, Not there yet. Infuse is doing a fine job so I would not invest in any changes at this point.

drs155

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
After rooting and flashing the infused kernel over stock (mostly) froyo, I'm staying withe the Infuse and waiting for the GB update.

THE festivedonkey

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Not worth the extra expense. With the GB update ( hopefully) coming soon, there will be a drastic increase in the number of roms and kernels being developed. Which is good enough for me until this contract is up!

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I could swap my Infuse for the S2 at Costco but, after testing it out for just a few minutes, I just didn't see an increase in performance. I didn't speed test it and that's important, so I'm reserving judgement until I can spend a little time with it. For me, it's going to have to be remarkably faster for me to give up the larger screen on the Infuse. The Infuse is an awesome phone and the screen is incredible!

sirdomino

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I tested out the S2 and it seemed to actually run more sluggish, and now I am worried that GB will actually slow our phones down. :(

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Speedwise when taxed it is definitely faster....

My infuse got around 1100 with quadant standard running stock.

I installed it on an SG2 at my AT&T store and it got about 3700.

Now, after installing infused (1.6) I get about 1700. I imagine the SG2 will likewise be improved once it gets custom roms...

However, nothing right now really is going to tax these things to the point where that would make that much difference... now in the future you will probably see things available for the SG2 that will not run on the infuse (or run well), we've already seen GTA3 announced for it and no mention of infuse (though I imagine there will be ways to get the APK, whether it runs well is another story).

But remember the SG2 has already been out for some time in europe. Right now it is king. We had a brief window when the infuse was the best AT&T phone out there. More stuff will come...

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I've run a few speed tests on my Infuse and have gotten 1200?7800 d/l and 900?1400 up. It makes fast work of multitasking and I have about 90 apps loaded, running 4 screens, 10 widgets and multiple apps. I notice a little lag once in a while, but not very often. It really does what I need. I just wish I could get a handle on what the S2 will offer out of the box that I don't have now with the Infuse. I also wish I had a better grasp of what the S2 would offer me down the road, that I would miss in the Infuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12