Random Rebooting?

keelon.ellis

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
ive had a slight problem with locking up and rebooting at random times...i would just like to know what may be causing this cause its a little annoying....im sure theres a million reasons why its happening but if i could just get a couple examples maybe i could figure it out

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been seeing this more frequently myself. I never saw it until I switched over to the MIUI ROM. going to be switching over to Serendipity 7 this weekend, and hopefully that alleviates the problem.

Are you rooted? Running a customer ROM? doing anything when the reboot happens?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I got random reboots all the time running stock. I was running a number of things like juice defender and some kind of auto memory task killer (I know, I know). I ditched all that but they persisted. I've had one or two since installing infused 1.6 (both times in the gallery) but otherwise stable.

keelon.ellis

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted yesterday...but the reboots have been happening since way before that...im still pretty new to the whole android world, so im still kinda lost on all this ROM talk...i would like to know more about it...but anyway...im using the GO Launcher EX...and ive just kinda gotten to the point where im wanting to just go back to touchwiz...but then again...idk if that will solve my problems

mizz lia

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
With stock I got random reboots but now I have a custom rom Lia is happy no more random reboot on it's own

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have random rebooting on Stock. I also have rashes of apps getting ANR (application not responding) errors. Using the System Pages Pro app I find that the AKMD8975 daemon is generally very active right before a reboot. And during the ANR rashes. AKMD8975 uses about 5 to 7 cpu hours per week on my phone. Akmd8975 seems to be responsible for sensing phone rotation. When I turn off 'screen rotation' in settings the system seems more stable. I'm going to see if the mythical GB update helps and if not maybe I will think about rooting it.

Scottyb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me on stock just about every time I opened the maps app. Now that I'm on infused rom I haven't noticed any at all.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse

AzD

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine randomly reboots; its getting worse to the point where it is almost happening daily. Stock Android OS, not rooted. Quite annoying, especially when you are trying to show someone a cool feature of your phone, and it reboots itself - that's a real joy. Or when I want to make a call and it decides to reboot - thank god that wasn't a 911 call I was trying to make. Or it will crash, make all my app icons disappear, and run the media scanner and finally 2 or 3 minutes later I can actually use it again - very clever.

Frankly between this rebooting issue and the really poor GPS performance, I am having doubts about sticking with Android. This is my first Android phone, coming from iPhone for the last few years. There are things that I really, really like about Android, and I really love the screen on the Infuse, and maybe the problems I am encountering are specific to my phone, but it is really frustrating to have these issues; the phone is unreliable to the point of near unusability. I have to be able to make a call when I need to, not wait 3-4 minutes for my phone to reboot.

Sadly these issues might actually be solved if AT&T would update the OS like they said they would, but I am beggining to doubt that an update is ever going to happen.

God I sound like a real whiner. Nice phone, would be near perfect actually if it would stop crashing/rebooting so frequently. Very frustrating.

Blendedej8

May 26, 2011
Visit site
my first one was doing it pretty frequently and i finally took it to AT&T and replaced it with a new one. i've had the same problem with this one now very sporadically. never rooted. now i'm having problems with it randomly shutting off my data to the point i have to go back into network settings and switch it back on.

HIM_Shepherd

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Long time lurker, first time poster...... ;)

Upgrading to Gingerbread made the rebooting worse on my phone. It's absolutely atrocious now. Not a very good first impression of a 'droid. I never had these kind of problems with my fruit phone.

I need help. I have no fear of rooting, I just don't really understand it much. Any help would be appreciated by this noob.... :)

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Upgrading to Gingerbread made the rebooting worse on my phone. It's absolutely atrocious now. Not a very good first impression of a 'droid. I never had these kind of problems with my fruit phone.

I need help. I have no fear of rooting, I just don't really understand it much. Any help would be appreciated by this noob.... :)

There are a series of YouTube videos that explain it very well. Pm me and I'll find those for you. Flashing roms will change your perception

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Did you try doing a Factory Reset after you upgraded? That usually solves any weird bugs that occur from Froyo to GB transition.

Reactions: HIM_Shepherd

HIM_Shepherd

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you try doing a Factory Reset after you upgraded? That usually solves any weird bugs that occur from Froyo to GB transition.

Giving this a try. Will know more when I get home from work and can plug it in and recharge. Something today wiped my battery out in less than 4 hours. :mad:

troup1998

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I've never had a reboot problem with my infuse; I've had it 9 months on Froyo. For a short time I tried GB but it seemed slow so I went back to Froyo. I still want to got o GB but will continue to watch the forum for good news. Another reason I'm still on Froyo is the inability to root GB on the infuse.