Notification Light add-on?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering...

wouldn't it be possible to create a snap-on notification light gizmo that plugged either into the headphone jack or into the charging port? it might need its own power source (a small hearing aid style battery perhaps) but just have the phone have some way of triggering it so it lights up when there is a notification?

(yes I know about NOLED, I use it, it works great, but would still like a non-screen means of notification...)

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd like that too and I know a lot of others, especially BB converts like me, would love to have a notification led. I don't know how great it would be to use up a jack for it though, because how would it fit into a case? I still have a hard time understanding why they didn't include this feature when it seems so standard. I hope someone jumps in and joins you in figuring out how to do this.:)

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I think there is some what of a notification light,or maybe I drank too much but I did notice an red glow coming from the led closest to the ear speaker.Checked all my settings but not sure if this was happening cause the phone was doing a wi-fi tether out or the constant messages I kept getting.So far I have not been able to get it to do that again.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I think that's the proximity sensor, though I've never seen it on my Infuse. It's the sensor that detects when you move your phone away from your ear so the screen automatically lights up.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
There is the proximity sensor, as stated it detects when you move the phone to and from your ear, turning the screen on or off.

There is an app called BLN which works with certain roms to light up the menu buttons as a notification. But my understanding is that it doesn't work correctly.

I use a free app called: Missed Call Reminder. You set it up so that your phone will continue to play a ring tone, song or beep whenever you've missed a call, mms or sms.:D