Quadrant Scores Don't Reflect Real World Performance..blah blah b

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
IF there was EVER a phone that supports the above statement, the Infuse is IT!

I have just got to say i have read that statement so many times and i just could never sunbscribe to it. I would ALWAYS feel a certain amount of "score envy" when i would see some of the bad *ss phones touting their Quadrant & Mflops screenshots. That was THEN....

When i got the Infuse the FIRST time (6 weeks ago) i will admit i was disappointed in its paltry 1000+ quadrant score, but having used it up against the Amaze & all 3 carriers SGS ii and the Droid Bionic, i have to say i don't think ANY of those dual core processors have anything over the Infuse's performance....NOW i totally undertand what "real world performance" means.. thought i did before, but UNTIL using the Infuse, i didn't....

This is NOW:

i can honestly say in comparison to the At&t SGS II which never pulled less than a 3500+ straight out of the box, BUT the Infuse is no less INFERIOR in performance, storage, or user experience and is SUPERIOR in form factor, (love the bronzey brown vs boring black : )screen size, price and sound volume.

I love my Infuse sooooo much (and this is coming from a nut that has driven herself and everyone around her crazy before FINALLY winding up on the phone that "has it ALL" : ) that i am actually fearful that with the new wave of phones coming out, they will never again get it as right as they did with the Infuse. Future features might trump all the Infuse has to offer, but i think this one needs to go down in the history books, right alongside the EVO 4G as a real "gamechanger and the Android experience to beat : )

I've seen, researched & used every single phone available now & also on the horizon, but each and every one of them has their "yuck factor" (Droid/Nexus Prime especially : ) whereas the Infuse (in my opinion, of course : ) offers 100% right here, right now (and if you hurry for just $49 bucks : )

BTC

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidNoob61

Noble.Four

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Always great to see somebody find the perfect device for their needs, regardless of what everyone tries to tell them. Congrats :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Tyndall

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Quadrant Scores Don't Reflect Real World Performance..blah bl

Might be more acceptable position if you gave some "real world" explanation about what you are talking about, unless you really just expect me to take your word on it.... the "yuck factor" probably isn't really an objective enough qualification to get me behind your statement.

Though I am glad you have found a phone that you love.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Might be more acceptable position if you gave some "real world" explanation about what you are talking about, unless you really just expect me to take your word on it.... the "yuck factor" probably isn't really an objective enough qualification to get me behind your statement.

Though I am glad you have found a phone that you love.

Thanks, me too : )

Though its not necessary for you to get "behind" my statements, its up to each individual what phone works best for them.

But when i handle phones with dual core processors and they constantly say "loading, loading loading" (HTC) when switching apps i am turned off by that. When i snap a pic and the colors are washed out and have poor hues & contrasts, i am turned off of that (Bionic, Amaze...) When i pay 200+ for a phone vs $49.00 (Infuse : ) and within a short time they come out with an upgraded version of my phone (Thunderbolt , Vigor) i am turned off by that. When i am nickeled & dimed for every single feature i could possibly use on my phone (Verizon) i am turned off by that.

But when i find a phone that has a solid build, quick performance, great features, loads of storage, beautiful display, 4.5 inch screen, easy as pie to root, and great coverage without sacrificing my first born child, i am completely satisfied that my "real world experience" with the phone is wayyyyyy more important than achieving some high score on a benchmark test : ) Not sure why Infuse scores so low, but personally if i had to give it a benchmark score that i think matches howit actually performs on a day to day basis, it would be around 4000 or so : )

For me, having run the gammet the past few weeks with all the diff phones available, i personally have come to the conclusion the Infuse delivers everything i could want in a Android cell phone experience, and it never disappoints, chokes or gets sick @ sea : )

Again it is all subjective, but for me, "a phone with oval corners , no capacitive buttons, too much hype, high price tag, unknown availability and the woes of being an early adaptor" are all "yuck factors" : )

BTC

Reactions: AndroidNoob61

gary_baxter

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

Btw, the quadrant score of the infuse at stock, is around 1100. But after rooting and installing 2.3.6, it hit almost 2000. Slow my butt! It may be "only" single core, but it still kicks butt.

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Hmm... I don't know. I used to believe that too, but for me, it was the opposite. I recently got an SII last week, and the everyday performance has been incredible. The Infuse would do that freeze/turning itself off or not be able to handle a lot of apps, and of course, a lot of heavy games would not run very well on it. Software wise, the stock ROM on the AT&T SII is pretty slick (everyone's complaining the new update drains battery life, but ironically, even with that, it lasts longer than my Infuse).

Much more speedy and very buttery smooth. I just don't really understand why people keep saying you won't notice the performance difference. Things like scrolling through web pages, opening up photos or taking pictures, just even small user interface differences, to me makes the SII a vastly superior phone to the Infuse. The only reason why I would ever choose the Infuse over the SII would be either a) I want a 4.5" screen no matter what (but then it's like, why don't you get a Skyrocket?) or b) (most likely) the Infuse is cheap.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz