Crazy, but attemting sim repair for the heck of it

usinjin

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
First of all, hi. Not sure why I hadn't signed up for this forum before. I'm a bit of a phone geek (I love tearing 'em apart--and using them of course, ha)

SO--I got a Samsung Infuse. Super duper cheap. I bought it knowing there was an issue--the last owner ripped the sim card out and tore off four of the pins on the sim tray. So I unsoldered the top of the sim tray (the metal sleeve), and added solder to the broken pins to try to get the sim card to get contact.

Well, no good so far. The phone won't see the AT&T sim card. When I boot the phone, i just try to hold the sim card presses firmly against the tray---but no luck so far.

I was wondering, though--what is the purpose of the other row of pins (circled in the photo in red)? They don't seem to be connecting to anything...and what about the other two pins (circled in blue)? I notice when I short them, the phone reboots.

Can anyone else here take a peek at their Infuse and tell me if there's some other issue with the other pins?

Thanks!

xcelgmuer

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I'm actually working on the same problem with the sim contacts broken. The red circled contacts are for the SD card that slides underneath. And the blue should be the locking mechanism for the SD card. Maybe the phone restarts because normally the battery would have to be out to get a card in. I havent tested mine to see if it restarts.I'm looking for contacts from another phone to fix it. Good luck.
xcelgmuer