Does factory reset get rid of your root?

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so, but if you're asking due to warranty exchange, I'd recommend using GTG's unbrick pack to make sure the phone is fully returned to stock before you return it.

-James

Reactions: nicoled985

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well i was wondering because i factory reset the other day and im too lazy to re-root. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

handsofdeath

May 22, 2011
Visit site
when you do a factory reset does it delete anything off your sd card?

whats the best way to do the factory reset on the infuse that hasn't been rooted?

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing with factory resetting a few months ago,and was surprised that it didn't take it off,but my phone wasn't showing the super user app.So I went threw the steps of rerooting so the superuser app would show up again,and definitively not going to unroot the phone cause I like customizing the phone too much and looking for new customization's,even at work,lol.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
What's SBF?

Well Im fairly new to android so I dont know if EVERY phone has an sbf option. But its pretty much a factory reset, only it wipes the phone completely and installs a fresh os on it. At least thats what I think the process does. Its more of a complete wipe and reload than the normal factory reset is. Its mainly used to get your phone up and running again if you are having problems booting it up or whatever. It requires files and programs on your computer to do it. I just learned about it in my root experience with my phone.

handsofdeath

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I found this I hope it helps answer what was asked.

Ref: Samsung Infuse 4G Factory Reset, Samsung Infuse 4G Hard Reset

Do the following steps to perform a Factory/Hard Reset on your Samsung Infuse 4G:

Step 1. Go to your Samsung Infuse 4G Home screen.

Step 2. Tap .

Step 3. Tap Settings.

Step 4. Tap Privacy.

Step 5. Tap Factory data reset.

Step 6. Tap Reset phone.

Step 7. At the confirmation screen, tap Erase everything.

Step 8. Your Samsung Infuse 4G will reset to the factory default settings automatically and when finished, displays the Home screen.

Note: Performing a Factory data reset will erase all data from your Samsung Infuse 4G and internal SD card, including your Google account, system and application data and settings, and downloaded applications.

It will not erase current system software, bundled applications, and external SD card files such as music and photos.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
SuperOneClick will unroot. Factory reset will wipe everything but still leave you rooted. You can then use GTG's unbrick or Adam Outler also has an unroot back to stock java program out.

jsgraphicart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
SBF is a term that applies to Motorola's Windows based flashing tool called RSDLite. It uses a .sbf file to completely hard-flash Motorola phones ROM to stock.

It has no application on other brands of devices.

Yeah, I didnt know that was only a motorola thing. Seems like every phone should have this option. Its great if you ever mess up your phone bad.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
SuperOneClick will unroot. Factory reset will wipe everything but still leave you rooted. You can then use GTG's unbrick or Adam Outler also has an unroot back to stock java program out.

Is SuperOneClick an app? I can't find it in the Market.

Jo Jo Nadicksbernd

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Thats actually not a hard reset. Thats just a factory reset. The hard reset is when you turn the phone off, (pull the battery out if phone is froze) then turn phone on, while the phone is turning on, hold the volume up button, home button, and power button all at the same time. Then follow the on screen instructions, its pretty easy.

backitude

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
With my Motorola or perhaps it's the Verizon phones, a factory reset certainly does remove root access. It also removes the superUser.apk from the system/app. However, the phone still has the flag enabled to indicate that is has been rooted in the past, to void any warranties. They're playing dirty!

On the plus side, I had removed a lot of bloat from the system/app folder before performing the reset and those were not restored. For anyone who accidentally removed the wrong app though and looking for a cure all, this will not help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed