Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default “Days Left” – great app, but CAREFUL

I’m new at this but did discover something that I wish to share in case it helps someone.

My phone’s battery started to go down very quickly, even when charging overnight. I adjusted my display and tweeked a bunch of stuff running to help my battery last longer, but nothing worked. From one day to the next the battery started to hold a charge less and less. I researched it on this forum and discovered that I had downloaded an app called “Days Left”. I LOVE this app (I don’t have many apps, but love this one)…so I decided to uninstall it to see if it was the cause of my fast battery loss and it was! I know this because the very hour that I uninstalled the “days left” app my battery got back to normal, holding a pretty full charge for almost 2 days. Its been a few days now and all continues to be okay.

Wish there is another app similar “Days Left” that doesn’t do a number with one’s battery, at least my battery.

Default Re: “Days Left” – great app, but CAREFUL

This is great to know,thanks for the tip.I am new to android also and have noticed that several different apps that I use will drain the battery very quickly,which are launchers such as launcher pro plus,widget locker lockscreen,and of course certain games do.Their are a few ways to get your battery to last longer,such as tweaking adjustments like you suggested.Ultimate juice defender has seemed to help me also and my favorite one which is the 3500 mah battery extender battery,in which I bought two of them because they're cheap.
    Professional

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

Any app that continues to run will drain the battery.
    Cranky...

Ported JW8 SAUROM Project / Galaxy Blue - Theme -

Is Anybody Out There?

I have little drain with widget locker. I haven't charged my phone in 2 days and still have 30% left on the battery. I have talked, text, checked email and played angry birds a few times plus listed to music for an hour.

Try a fresh boot after install to see if that helps.

Launcher Pro Plus and Widget locker both caused major battery drain for me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I tried a battery calibration try extending my battery life from a fresh start,which seems to be working.Are you running widgets too along with widget locker lockscreen and how often are you on your phone threw out the day?

I use the same app (days left) on my phone and I haven't had any battery issues.