Water damage indicators ??

petrpuck

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
How many water damage indicators are there in the infuse ? My provider has offered to replace my infuse which I have had for about 3 months because I am having problems with the phone. Everything works fine, but calling out and trying to end a call. They did tell me, my old phone would be inspected when recieved to check for water damage. Since it did fall in the toilet a few weeks ago, and retrieved immediately ; I am wondering if it is going to be a problem. Any help would be appreciated . THX

droidor

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Take off the battery cover you should see a little white circle on the top right above the battery. Also , there is a white rectangle on the top of the battery. If either one these are red , you are going to be paying out of pocket to get this device replaced.

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
There are water indicators inside the housing of almost every smartphone in addition to the ones on and around the battery. Tampering with them is fraud. Don't do it.

Sent from my HP Pavilion dv7 using Tapatalk

petrpuck

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Some were more helpfull than others :) The tab on the battery is still white ,but the dot on the phone itself is red. I will have to throw myself on the mercy of Rogers and see what happens. Actually I think I will go somewhere local to see what the cost would be to repair what needs to be repaired and go from there.

nikhilpandey

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
HI,
Are you willing to sell your Samsung INFUSE?
I just need to know if the screen is in shape or not.

email at nikhil<dot>sukhi<at>gmail<dot>com

Nik

humdahum01

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
hey...just bought the infuse used and i saw the water indicator sign was red but it's working perfectly fine. can i have someones opinion on this?

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
It probably got wet and whoever you bought it from dropped it in a bag of rice for a few days. If it's working, you still may have trouble in the future, especially if it was salt water.

But then again, it may run forever.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Little red X's are fine. That means the device has never encountered water and hopefully never will. However if the ENTIRE sticker is red to where you can't make out the small X's then you have issues heading your way.

Sent from my XT912 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2