cloud music app

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey, everyone.
Here's my issue. I have been using google music for a while now and syncing it with my music folder on my pc with no issue, but now for some reason, google music won't see my music. I tried to uninstall and reinstall it, and I get to the point where it's asking for me to select an account, which it just sits on and never loads my phones one and only gmail account so I can select it.

It has an add account option, which of course won't work because my gmail account is already on the phone. Google was absolutely no help with this, so Now I bring the issue to you guys. Can anyone either A: help me resolve this problem, or B: suggest a cloud music app that actually works?

Thanks to all of you for your help.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
This is a known issue. I believe there are other posts on it. I have the same issue, and have reported it to the Google music team. They actually got back to me and said they are working on a solution. No timeframes for that solution was given however. The one thing that they said which "might" work was a factory reset. I said thanks but no thanks. That's not a solution in my opinion, and not worth it for me.

Search the forums for Google Music. You should find several posts.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
That is my one disappointment with Google. I have reported a problem with this app that simply won't remember my account. Finally after this last update, it won't even connect. I get as far as the screen that asks for my account, but it never stops loading for me to choose an account. It doesn't even show my accounts! It's probably ok. The 20,000 limit won't work for my music collection. :) So, I either use Orb Live to read my iTunes library or lately I've been using Spotify.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am so glad to report that finally it looks like Google Music has fixed several bugs. This weekend I downloaded the app again (for the n-th time!). The difference was crystal clear. The moment I clicked to select my account, the options did show up. From there on, it was a piece of cake. All my music was there. Then the first test: will Google Music remember my credentials after a few hours and/or rebooting my Infuse? Yes, it did in all accounts. Today I actually played my cloud music. Another common problem was that the app would not randomize. It would play one track over and over even though random was checked. I am happy to report that so far Google Music is working well and bug free!

Edit: "would not randomize" ("not" was missing)

Last edited:

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, I am so glad to report that finally it looks like Google Music has fixed several bugs. This weekend I downloaded the app again (for the n-th time!). The difference was crystal clear. The moment I clicked to select my account, the options did show up. From there on, it was a piece of cake. All my music was there. Then the first test: will Google Music remember my credentials after a few hours and/or rebooting my Infuse? Yes, it did in all accounts. Today I actually played my cloud music. Another common problem was that the app would randomize. It would play one track over and over even though random was checked. I am happy to report that so far Google Music is working well and bug free!
So far. Let's hope it stays that way. I had uninstalled it for a couple of months, because to me it was pointless to have an app on my phone that didn't fulfill it's purpose. About a week ago I reinstalled for s and g's and sure enough it worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol