Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs down HELP! My data connection is gone! This is really annoying...

First of all, i am new here so....hey everyone.

So basically i was downloading and uninstalling a few apps this morning. Long story short: I downloaded the "Juice Defender" to my phone then uninstalled it. NOW all of the sudden my internet/data connection is GONE. The phone still works fine...volume...music etc. But the little icon in the top right of the screen...that's gone. I can't get on gmail....internet....nothing. It's really annoying. I don't know what i hit when i had that stupid juice defender on my phone(which BTW DRAINED my battery! ) but now...i have no data connection.

And i went to the Settings >>>> Wireless and network>>>> I checked everything.....and i still get nothing.

Can someone please help me?
    Thanked by:

ROM
    EMANCIPATION

Default Re: HELP! My data connection is gone! This is really annoying...

shot in the dark, but did you long press the power button. Verify that the Data Network mode is set to Active.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

^^^Yep! I did that and i still get nothing!
    Professional

Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

Reinstall Juicedefender, make sure that data is working, then uninstall it again.
    Cranky...

Ported JW8 SAUROM Project / Galaxy Blue - Theme -

Is Anybody Out There?
    AzD

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

This happened to me once.

Check to make sure "Use packet data" is checked under 'Wireless and network >> Mobile networks'.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the replies guys.....

...but late last night i did a "factory reset" on my phone and just started over completely! Have to re-DL everything and etc! Oh well.....

I should have came here first haha! But it's all good! Thanks for the replies!

I suggest no one ever download juice defender...and if you do....read the directions to the app CAREFULLY! I will never do that again.

ROM
    Infused

I had the same exact problem when I first got the phone and downloaded juicedefender. I remember playing around wight the settings and in the end, it finally worked. JD was trying to save battery by disconnecting mobile data all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
    I had the same exact problem when I first got the phone and downloaded juicedefender. I remember playing around wight the settings and in the end, it finally worked. JD was trying to save battery by disconnecting mobile data all the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    I can't remember what i did to make it disappear! But, i too tried for HOURS to get it back...with (obviously) no success! JD is clearly very popular and it works, butttt i can't see myself DL'ing that thing again....

Unhappy Re: HELP! My data connection is gone! This is really annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by infusehelp View Post
    First of all, i am new here so....hey everyone.

So basically i was downloading and uninstalling a few apps this morning. Long story short: I downloaded the "Juice Defender" to my phone then uninstalled it. NOW all of the sudden my internet/data connection is GONE. The phone still works fine...volume...music etc. But the little icon in the top right of the screen...that's gone. I can't get on gmail....internet....nothing. It's really annoying. I don't know what i hit when i had that stupid juice defender on my phone(which BTW DRAINED my battery! ) but now...i have no data connection.

And i went to the Settings >>>> Wireless and network>>>> I checked everything.....and i still get nothing.

Can someone please help me?
    i had the EXACT same issue few weeks ago. came back from a 2 week underway at sea and didn't work. took it to ATT and they tried everything couldn't figure it out. store manager accused me of it being rooted (which it had never been). i had to do a factory reset and it fixed it.. sucked because i lost some stuff
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Blendedej8 View Post
    i had the EXACT same issue few weeks ago. came back from a 2 week underway at sea and didn't work. took it to ATT and they tried everything couldn't figure it out. store manager accused me of it being rooted (which it had never been). i had to do a factory reset and it fixed it.. sucked because i lost some stuff
    Yep...it sucks....doesn't it? Oh well! Actually the system reset gave me a chance to revamp my phone a bit! I DL'ed some new apps, a new music player, got rid some old apps etc. So...maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

ROM
    Stock w/voodo lagfix

You could have also try adding the JD widget to the desktop of your phone and you can force enable/disable the data on your phone.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by james.schueler View Post
    You could have also try adding the JD widget to the desktop of your phone and you can force enable/disable the data on your phone.
    Thanks for the tip....

Funny because i am actually thinking about RE-installing this app on my phone....

It seems to be the best battery saver on the market...

I kinda have the same problem. My Samsung Infuse keeps losing the data connection. Even when its turned on. It'll lose the data & then it'll come back randomly, this happens all throughout the day. It won't allow me to send texts, call or go on the internet. Its so annoying. I dont know whats wrong & i don't know how to fix this /:

mine is doing that too its been down for a week and ive tried everything.my mom has the same phone plan and her internet works just fine.i downloaded th juice defender app too and i think it messed up my internet.my mobile network state says disconnected.i have the straight talk unlimited phone plan.i reset my phone but the internet is still off.

changes sim card!