Infuse battery saving tips?
01-25-2012 07:30 PM
- Opinion on Juicedefender is varied, from people swearing by it above all else to those who swear it is counter-productive.
I used it in the past. I uninstalled it after installing the infused rom, which gets me better battery performance over stock.
The biggest annoyance for me was I would get iffy wifi connection when it would wake the wifi up at my work. That could just be my work's wifi though, ymmv.01-09-2012 03:59 PM
- 01-09-2012 11:55 PM
- Check put settings/about-phone/battery use. Mine started with display @ 98% using default settings. Then I got widget to finely tune my display easily to mi comfortable brightness indoors. At first 9% brightness was perfectly fine and 8% intolerable. After a few days 8% is just fine and 7% intolerable. Today 6% just fine for me. I think the annoyance at lo levels must be based on what we're accustomed to, not based on visibility. Now my display is 80%. Is it 18% better? No, much more than that assuming everything else stayed same. It changed from 50 times everything else to 4 times everything else.
The other big thing is your wick and data connections. I got Widgets to easily manually turn them off when not in use.
I don't think I'd like Juice defender tweaking display for me...
I know better exactly what brightness i want and would prefer to tweak it myself. A key part is making that easy with the right Widgets. For large group of customiizable Widgets i like eidgetsoid01-11-2012 09:31 PM
- You want the best battery life...just ROOT phone and install any one of these 2 roms that I have personally used Catyrom / ZEUS. Here are some additional things you can do to greatly improve battery life...
- display - put brightness all the way down OR at the very least keep "automatic brightness"
- Turn off sync of apps that you don't use - these apps sync data continuously after designated time
- I turned off Facebook, Twitter , weather app notifications (previously they used to sync every hour = kill battery life!)...consider doing that
- Install some free widget that are 'toggle' for common functions such as bluetooth, wifi, data, 3g etc. on your homescreen... *tip* when u go to sleep turn off wifi + data ... ur sleep remember so ur likely not using ur phone ... plus its a healthy habit anyway (this will greatly imrprove battery life)
At the end of the day keep in mind that a smartphone offers alot more functionality...GPS, internet, texting, calling etc. .. and its not likely gonna last u 3 days w/ normal use.
Having said that with CATYROM 2.1 (ICS theme edition) I have been getting 1 day 5 hrs w/ minimal use which means no texting, calls ~ 1 hr, screen on/browsing/ 4 hrs, gps 10 minutes
Good luck01-14-2012 08:08 PM
- Zeus rom or any rom will most likely give you better battery life. Extended my infuse from barely a day to 2 days with zeus alone. Combine it with juice defender ultimate and battery saver pro I was getting 3+ days of usage with moderate to heavy use on and off through out the day. Of course mileage may vary and I was using the phone with the lowest brightness but still a very good strategy if your trying to save power.
Sent from my Galaxy Note using tapatalk01-25-2012 04:34 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- AT&T Samsung Infuse
Infuse battery saving tips?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD