1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Infuse battery saving tips?

Just got my infuse last week, battery life isnt the best right so if anyone has any tips, let me know! Also how does rooting help with battery life?

Default Re: Infuse battery saving tips?

Just get JuiceDefender (free or paid) on the Android Market.
    Egdio
    Austin, TX
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Att does not allow that app apparently

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I agree. I use Juice Defender Ultimate and have almost doubled my battery life. I've also started this info with my wife & friends who also swear by JD.

Quote Originally Posted by jmoney860 View Post
    Att does not allow that app apparently
    That's news to me. I installed it within days of getting my Infuse.
    Egdio
    Austin, TX

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Opinion on Juicedefender is varied, from people swearing by it above all else to those who swear it is counter-productive.

I used it in the past. I uninstalled it after installing the infused rom, which gets me better battery performance over stock.

The biggest annoyance for me was I would get iffy wifi connection when it would wake the wifi up at my work. That could just be my work's wifi though, ymmv.
    "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1 rooted stock

Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    I used it in the past. I uninstalled it after installing the infused rom, which gets me better battery performance over stock.
    +1 My battery life got way better after installing Infused v1.6. I just flashed Infused v2.2.3 a few days ago and battery life is improved over stock on that ROM too. I tried to DL Juice Defender too and it's carrier blocked by AT&T. Not sure why though.
    Desert Southwest HOT!

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Juice Defender works for me on AT&T.

Check put settings/about-phone/battery use. Mine started with display @ 98% using default settings. Then I got widget to finely tune my display easily to mi comfortable brightness indoors. At first 9% brightness was perfectly fine and 8% intolerable. After a few days 8% is just fine and 7% intolerable. Today 6% just fine for me. I think the annoyance at lo levels must be based on what we're accustomed to, not based on visibility. Now my display is 80%. Is it 18% better? No, much more than that assuming everything else stayed same. It changed from 50 times everything else to 4 times everything else.

The other big thing is your wick and data connections. I got Widgets to easily manually turn them off when not in use.

I don't think I'd like Juice defender tweaking display for me...
    I know better exactly what brightness i want and would prefer to tweak it myself. A key part is making that easy with the right Widgets. For large group of customiizable Widgets i like eidgetsoid

Sorry i hit enter by accident on my android....don't see any edit option in tipatap.

I like widgetsoid and Elixir Widgets to create many customizable Widgets. Widgetsoid is easier to learn. Elixir Widgets has steeper learning curve but more powerful

Smile Re: Infuse battery saving tips?

You want the best battery life...just ROOT phone and install any one of these 2 roms that I have personally used Catyrom / ZEUS. Here are some additional things you can do to greatly improve battery life...

- display - put brightness all the way down OR at the very least keep "automatic brightness"
    - Turn off sync of apps that you don't use - these apps sync data continuously after designated time
    - I turned off Facebook, Twitter , weather app notifications (previously they used to sync every hour = kill battery life!)...consider doing that
    - Install some free widget that are 'toggle' for common functions such as bluetooth, wifi, data, 3g etc. on your homescreen... *tip* when u go to sleep turn off wifi + data ... ur sleep remember so ur likely not using ur phone ... plus its a healthy habit anyway (this will greatly imrprove battery life)

At the end of the day keep in mind that a smartphone offers alot more functionality...GPS, internet, texting, calling etc. .. and its not likely gonna last u 3 days w/ normal use.

Having said that with CATYROM 2.1 (ICS theme edition) I have been getting 1 day 5 hrs w/ minimal use which means no texting, calls ~ 1 hr, screen on/browsing/ 4 hrs, gps 10 minutes

Good luck

Zeus rom or any rom will most likely give you better battery life. Extended my infuse from barely a day to 2 days with zeus alone. Combine it with juice defender ultimate and battery saver pro I was getting 3+ days of usage with moderate to heavy use on and off through out the day. Of course mileage may vary and I was using the phone with the lowest brightness but still a very good strategy if your trying to save power.

Sent from my Galaxy Note using tapatalk

Well ever since I have installed advanced task killer for froyo, I have been golden. Huge difference between now and before when it wasn't installed.