new update?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
On a whim I checked today for an update. It said there was one.

Downloading now. 14542KB. Will report when it is done.

Wonder how this affects my ROM (infused 1.6)...

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
aapold..I recently rooted, having waited too long for the supposed GB update for our Infuse. As an initial ROM, I have the Infused 1.6 as well.

Just curious..what are your thoughts about this ROM? I haven't really found many things in this ROM that I couldn't do before when I had stock Froyo. I have been thinking of trying a different ROM (MIUI, or Serendipity) as those seem to have more customization options.

Or am I missing something?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I had originally been reluctant to go to a GB-based ROM as I'd heard this disabled MHL video out.

But while I used that a bit at first, honestly it was a novelty and I haven't in months now....

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what this update was and how it's being released. I just checked my phone for an update (5:40 PM Central Time) and there was nothing.

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I had originally been reluctant to go to a GB-based ROM as I'd heard this disabled MHL video out.

But while I used that a bit at first, honestly it was a novelty and I haven't in months now....

I just updated to Infused v2.2.3 GB based and so far very pleased. Fast, stable, GPS good call quality good. Update was easy, no issues.

Have a look at the new ZEUS ROM over on XDA it looks interesting and so far it's getting good comments. I might possibly make a move over to that ROM.

[ROM][UCKL2][2.3.6]ALL HAIL *Z*E*U*S*The Collective[1/5/12]Now with 2 Editions! - xda-developers

If the update you mentioned is indeed an "official" GB release from AT&T that would be a good thing for possible future custom ROMS based on that.

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
the samsung captivate just received the official att gingerbread update.

its coming for the infuse, i know it, i feel it. soon. real soon.

crausch

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I share your anticipation (and pain). I happen to be unlucky enough to own both a Captivate and a Infuse. The wait for both these phones has been very long and frustrating. While my captivate ran just fine on 2.2, I still did the update. My Infuse however has several problems that I understand should be fixed with 2.3x. My wait for the Captivate is over, but the pain of waiting for the Infuse continues. I hope it is soon, and I hope it does not have the same tethering message problem that my Captivate now has.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site

Only with Rogers GB or GB kernels based off of Rogers GB.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae