It's getting close....

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
Samsung just released Kies Mini for the Infuse, which will most likely be used to update the Infuse to AT&T Gingerbread.

We haven't had a leak in over a month and the last one was Stable with everything working.:cool:

cobrew

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
They need to do something quick. I will never purchase another Samsung phone (non-nexus) again for this purpose. I only bought the infuse for my wife last August when they incorrectly announced that GB would be coming soon.

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
They need to do something quick. I will never purchase another Samsung phone (non-nexus) again for this purpose. I only bought the infuse for my wife last August when they incorrectly announced that GB would be coming soon.

I'm pretty sure it's more of an AT&T issue than Samsung's. The Droid Charge which is also by Samsung, which came out at the same time as the Infuse, was on Verizon and it also shipped with Froyo.

They got their Gingerbread update via OTA in November.

I'd say rather than avoiding Samsung devices (since they undeniably are producing top of the line ones), if you are concerned about updates, stick to a flagship phone. The Galaxy SII will get Samsung's #1 priority as far as receiving developer attention/updates/bug-fixes.

The Infuse was released as a niche phone and its owner base is far smaller than the number of people who own Galaxy SII, so it's unavoidable that it's going to get pushed down on the priority list at Samsung/AT&T.

I just hope the Gingerbread update comes soon within a week or so!

JakeRoux

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
The Infuse was released as a niche phone

Perhaps more of a stop gap phone until GS2 was released in the States.

At the time (last Summer), the Infuse was the top of the line AT&T Samsung device - even receiving some national TV ad support. I never preceived it to be "niche" at the time of purchase and have been overall pretty pleased with it, but it certianly deserved better in terms of update attention from Samsung, AT&T or whomever.

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps more of a stop gap phone until GS2 was released in the States.

At the time (last Summer), the Infuse was the top of the line AT&T Samsung device - even receiving some national TV ad support. I never preceived it to be "niche" at the time of purchase and have been overall pretty pleased with it, but it certianly deserved better in terms of update attention from Samsung, AT&T or whomever.

That is a good point. I mean, when it came out, it was the first 4G AT&T phone and also the first one to be flaunting the Super AMOLED Plus screen.

Regardless, people who only paid attention to American phones might have thought it was top of the line, but I myself was looking at tech blogs and even news sites all praised the SII so highly, it was hard to ignore the fact that the SII was being enjoyed by Koreans/British/others while Americans were continually given rumors about "it's coming this month!" only for it to be pushed back and then be given the Infuse instead.

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
That is a good point. I mean, when it came out, it was the first 4G AT&T phone and also the first one to be flaunting the Super AMOLED Plus screen.

Regardless, people who only paid attention to American phones might have thought it was top of the line, but I myself was looking at tech blogs and even news sites all praised the SII so highly, it was hard to ignore the fact that the SII was being enjoyed by Koreans/British/others while Americans were continually given rumors about "it's coming this month!" only for it to be pushed back and then be given the Infuse instead.

Incorrect. The inspire came out in Feb. And the Atrix I believe was March. Infuse was may IIRC.

But I do agree it deserves an update. Two of my coworkers have it, one of them anxiously waiting for the update as many of you are.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL