Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: help with kies mini

Quote Originally Posted by handsofdeath View Post
    I just updated my phone and it worked perfect. just follow these instruction from samsung. please read them all. there is a note near the bottom about the issue u are having.

No mention there about "unregistered device"

Here's what worked on my wife's phone:

1. Restore to stock follwing the instructions here:
    2. Once it reboots, go into settings and restore to factory (you will lose all your data)
    3. Apply the upgrade with Kies Mini as instructed by the Samsung Web site

Hope this helps someone.
    Thanked by:
    kubuli 
    kubuli likes this.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

This is stupid. What a horrible way to update a phone. I can't get any of the "fixes" listed above to help.

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

"F" this, ATT & Samsung, Your ed! Any more scientific wild *** guesses on how "ALL" stock UCKH1 Samsung Infuse 4G owners can get the "outdated update"? Morons!

Im with you abjunkman. I keep getting "Unregistered Device" WTF does that mean? Anyone.

For all you that have updated, good for you. Instead of being smarta$$3s and that you did it. HOW did you make it work?

The directions SamDUNG has posted don't address the "unFNregistered device" issues. I completely factory reset my phone, and the FN thing still won't update. I even registered with SamDUNG 4 days ago. I have dl Kies and installed, uninstalled, reinstalled. Deleted the drivers, added them again.. turned off both antivirus/spy and my firewall, hoping that would help. But F no..

I have the sake UCKH1 now. Someone yesterday mentioned KD5? WTF? Seems like if you have UCKH1 you can't update? samDUNG is just that

Quote Originally Posted by yangstyle View Post
    Here's what worked on my wife's phone:

1. Restore to stock follwing the instructions here:
    2. Once it reboots, go into settings and restore to factory (you will lose all your data)
    3. Apply the upgrade with Kies Mini as instructed by the Samsung Web site

Hope this helps someone.
    Everyone screaming about they can't get it to work, FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS! It will work. It took me 10 minutes if that to do the update. This is what I did

1) Registered on Samsung site, still said unregistered device
    2) Used GTG's Ultimate Unbrick to go back to OFFICIAL stock KD5
    3) Plugged back into Kies and clicked update
    4) Waited for Kies to update the phone

It's not complicated if you just follow what the people that have gotten it to work tell you. If you have the update on your phone from November UCKH1, then you can't update. USE GTG'S ULTIMATE UNBRICK TO REMOVE THAT UPDATE. Oh, and I'm on 64bit Win 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dRunzC0ld View Post
    Everyone screaming about they can't get it to work, FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS! It will work. It took me 10 minutes if that to do the update. This is what I did

It's not complicated if you just follow what the people that have gotten it to work tell you. If you have the update on your phone from November UCKH1, then you can't update. USE GTG'S ULTIMATE UNBRICK TO REMOVE THAT UPDATE. Oh, and I'm on 64bit Win 7.
    I followed exactly steps 1-4 and it downloads all the binary files but then says phone failed to upgrade, reboot and try again. Anyone encounter that error?

Quote Originally Posted by wampa888 View Post
    I followed exactly steps 1-4 and it downloads all the binary files but then says phone failed to upgrade, reboot and try again. Anyone encounter that error?
    In between 2 and 3, I went into the settings and reverted back to factory.

I actually tried that too but the update keeps failing, tried it both on a 64 Vista and 32 XP bit OS

I actually tried that too but the update keeps failing, tried it both on a 64 Vista and 32 XP bit OS
    Interesting. Are you running Kies or Kies Mini?

I spent four hours trying to get the upgrade done. Hopefully, I can help.

Kies Mini

Kies Mini
    OK...something just came to me. Check your Kies Mini version.

Is it version 1.0.0.11804_3 ?

The times the upgrade failed for me, it was the prior version of the application which I downloaded only two weeks ago. As a last ditch effort, I uninstalled it and downloaded the file from the Samsung site again. After reinstalling, the first thing that came up was notification that an update was available. So I updated and...bingo.

Then again, it might have worked because my socks match my cousin's hat today. YMMV

I will check the versions when I get home but Im pretty sure I am running 1.0.0.11804_3

I will check the versions when I get home but Im pretty sure I am running 1.0.0.11804_3
    here is a post i did with a link that should help you I hope..
    Unregistered Device on Mini Kies

Not sure whats going on but I do have the updated Mini Kies and it tells me that an upgrade is available, I start it and it begins to download binary files and then after a few minutes it says unable to upgrade, reboot and try again, did that numerous times now...

Takes 24 hours for the registration to update. This from Samsung chat representative.

I went back to UCKD 5 with Odin and it says I have the latest version, what a in' waste, no update for me, I'm so mad right now

Quote Originally Posted by Pukat View Post
    Takes 24 hours for the registration to update. This from Samsung chat representative.

I registered 3 days ago and still show "unregistered device". Others have reported registering months ago so I doubt that is really the solution.

Yea got mine back to 5 and know Kies shows; Firmware version: latest, Firmware upgrade: 11/10/13 upgrade button still greyed out. phone is stil Froyo.

I am in EXACTLY the same position.... I have done EVERYTHING and tried every configuration... still have the upgrade button GRAYED out.....

What is our next step ???

Snakeman

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dRunzC0ld View Post

"If you have the update on your phone from November UCKH1, then you can't update" This is not the case, I had stock back to KD5 ran Kies and got a response Firmware : Up to date with a date of 11/10/13 could not get any updates running on KD5 but at least it showed something, had the OTA UCKH1 and shows "unregistered device"

Alot of this appears to be trial and error with no official postings from any of you from Samsung or ATT saying what you posted above is correct, so unless you actually have some official instructions that say you cannot do this with their own latest update you should not mislead people.

Here is what I got from the live chat rep. Reinstall software on PC - No go. Factory Reset - No go. Something is wrong with your IMEI # call in.

Got this link off another forum: It shows a current version of ucke3 before upgrade to uckl2, curious what that one is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pukat View Post
    LOL.... The rep I talked to said 48 hours. Go figure. It has now been 72 hours and no luck.
    Egdio
    Austin, TX

I have my phone E X A C T L Y where eclypse3demons with phone in same condition... I plug into Kies and....Firmware upgrade is 11/10/13 Firmware version : Latest Version... BUT the 'phone upgrade' button REMAINS grayed out....

and I have never gotten past this stage....

Any help would be appreciated

Thanx much

Snakeman
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast