help with kies mini

ebauza

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded and installed Kies mini on my pc. But, when I try to connect my phone, all I get is a "please connect phone" message. I've tried connecting the phone first and then starting Kies. And also starting Kies and then connecting my phone. Neither works. Please help.

crausch

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you opened the menu at the top and selected "install driver"? Right now it probably does not know your phone is connected because it can't see it without the samsung drivers. After you install the drivers, you may need to reboot your computer. I have found that when I don't reboot, I keep getting the "unknown device" message. Once I reboot the computer, then launch Kies mini application and then connect phone it seems to work then.

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you just attaching the phone to the USB cord or are you first putting the phone into download mode (by turning it off and then pressing and holding both volume buttons while plugging in the USB cable connected to the PC).

Kies Mini didn't notice mine until I tried it in download mode. Hope this helps.

JakeRoux

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
So if/when the Gingerbread update comes, will it require downloading via PC and Kies, or will it simply be over the air as previous updates have been?

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So if/when the Gingerbread update comes, will it require downloading via PC and Kies, or will it simply be over the air as previous updates have been?

I think the conventional thinking is that, since Samsung released Kies for the Infuse a week or so ago, the update will have to be done through your PC. Other than that, I don't think anyone knows anything...and ATT ain't talkin'.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Have installed Kies Mini and loaded drivers.

Recognizes phone but says "unregistered device"

Anyone know if this is a problem? I have heard some say it is because phone is rooted, but others say it will read that way until the update is available?

Running on 64 bit windows 7. Have also seen a few posts saying kies mini doesn't run correctly on 64 bit?

Anyone know for sure?

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Have installed Kies Mini and loaded drivers.

Recognizes phone but says "unregistered device"

Anyone know if this is a problem? I have heard some say it is because phone is rooted, but others say it will read that way until the update is available?

Running on 64 bit windows 7. Have also seen a few posts saying kies mini doesn't run correctly on 64 bit?

Anyone know for sure?

mines the same:confused:

Userldatt

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I have 64 bit Windows 7 and MiniKies seems to work fine up till now, although no updates have come through yet. The full version of Kies is not compatible which is a shame because it seems like a cool program.

ShortFuse321

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: where do I download KMini?

Can someone help? Where do I download Kies Mini? I installed the original Kies months ago and it just updated itself to 2.xxx. I tried to connect my device and it says my device is not supported in version 2.xxxx.

Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated!

Update: Never mind, I found it. Still says that I'm unregistered. Have to wait I guess.

Last edited:

yangstyle

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OK...I finally got the upgrade.

I kept getting the unregistered thing, too. So, I set the device back to factory state with GTG's Ultimate Unbrick - Return to stock and then ran Kies Mini and connected the phone. The upgrade button was lit up and I am in the upgrade process now.

BTW, it appears the GB firmware I was running was a beta released "unofficially" by Samsung and ATT. Anyway, that's what I think judging from the sequence of the build number.

Swagger_Wagon

May 6, 2011
Visit site
A couple of you folks have mentioned "registering" your device before the upgrade occurs. How did you register? I don't seem that option available in Kies Mini. Thanks.

txent

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
A couple of you folks have mentioned "registering" your device before the upgrade occurs. How did you register? I don't seem that option available in Kies Mini. Thanks.

Go to the Samsung website. Note that my experience was that the "Unregistered Device" didn't clear up right away after registration - it took overnight.

renim

May 26, 2011
Visit site
OK...I finally got the upgrade.

I kept getting the unregistered thing, too. So, I set the device back to factory state with GTG's Ultimate Unbrick - Return to stock and then ran Kies Mini and connected the phone. The upgrade button was lit up and I am in the upgrade process now.

BTW, it appears the GB firmware I was running was a beta released "unofficially" by Samsung and ATT. Anyway, that's what I think judging from the sequence of the build number.

This is what I did and the upgrade showed up right away. If you are on UCKH1 the upgrade may or may not show up right away. I dont know why thats the case but once I put UCKD5 the upgrade appeared instantly. I don't think it has anything to do with registering the device with Samsung. I have had mine registered since I got the infuse back in May and kies mini kept on telling me I had an unregistered device.

handsofdeath

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my phone and it worked perfect. just follow these instruction from samsung. please read them all. there is a note near the bottom about the issue u are having.

SAMSUNG