"Hang in there," says AT&T about GB

st_albert

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
What an unbelievable charlie foxtrot! You can't make this stuff up.

Oh well, since my phone is working as it should on FroYo, and does everything I want it to (including making phone calls, unlike my previous iPhone 3G), I was going to wait until a root tool for GB is developed before upgrading anyway.

rvrocket

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Just tried Kies mini this morning and did not get unregistered, instead got Firmware version: Latest version and firmware upgrade: 12/2/09. Not sure if this is forward or backwards progress. :confused:

watto102

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just tried Kies mini this morning and did not get unregistered, instead got Firmware version: Latest version and firmware upgrade: 12/2/09. Not sure if this is forward or backwards progress. :confused:

I just got the same thing on my phone... This has to be something, right? (crossing fingers)

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hard to believe anything at this point. I'm with st_albert: my Infuse is working just fine with Froyo. I'll wait and see...

I guess it appears Samsung is working on something. I also noticed the same 12/2/09 date on the firmware when I plugged in my Infuse. That was not there before.

Last edited:

ShortFuse321

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they will come back to us (eventually) with the update for ICS. That is about the only way to turn this around for them (ATT & Sammy). Not likely, though.

st_albert

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they will come back to us (eventually) with the update for ICS. That is about the only way to turn this around for them (ATT & Sammy). Not likely, though.

I wish! At the rate things are going, by the time ICS gets to the infuse, my 2-yr contract will be long gone history, and I'll have gotten another phone. Good chance it won't be a Samsung, though. We'll see.

JakeRoux

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I too have decided to just stay with Froyo for the time being. Apart from the update process issues, it appears there may be a few issues/glitches with the GB ROM itself. Plus the fact that there evidently is currently no way to root the official GB ROM once installed on the Infuse, which would result in me not being able to use a few apps I currently have that require rooting.

Reactions: ramnath82

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Don't feel bad guys. I spent a week or so on the official GB and then reset back to stock. Like you guys said, there were bugs (a third of my music, all perfectly tagged, suddenly became "unknown", games were laggy, etc.) and that was with multiple factory resets I had done. Overall, it's a great upgrade (the copy&paste functionality, along with the theme changes, at least for me, were great), but right now, I feel like it's not worth going through all that (it's not actually that hard, but still) just to be on a ROM that Samsung has stated they pulled due to issues.

I'll do it when they get it out "officially". If it still has issues then, well... Samsung/AT&T, naughty naughty, no more excuses.

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I gave up waiting for at&t to release the update. I rooted my phone and installed Zeus. It's a hell of a lot better than any stock os could even hope to be.

Anyone interested should check out the XDA forums. Search "Zeus" for more info.

Sent from my Zeus powered Infuse using tapatalk pro.

Rhamza

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Tamelion1117, I tried GB and then after finding it incredibly laggy and full of bug I went directly to xda forums and put Zeus on it and haven't looked back...and about ICS, it won't come to the Infuse if I remember correctly. The Infuse doesn't have the right specs for it to run fully.

ep1963

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
3rd on the Zeus or R3velation custom roms. They improve EVERYTHING about this phone. Much improved battery life, faster interface, smoother operating, faster data and wifi, incredible options, more stable.

It is like a brand new phone, or a custom hot rod.

Get one of these roms.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
+4 on Zeus (or other custom Roms). Flashed Zeus build 5, and some other add ons...and my Infuse is running smoother and looks slicker than any stock version of GB.

Not to mention the added support you get from sources like this, or over at XDA. You won't get anything close to that from AT&T or Samsung.

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Tamelion1117, I tried GB and then after finding it incredibly laggy and full of bug I went directly to xda forums and put Zeus on it and haven't looked back...and about ICS, it won't come to the Infuse if I remember correctly. The Infuse doesn't have the right specs for it to run fully.
I was just thinking about whether or not ICS will come to the Infuse. I don't think the specs would support it, but who knows..Maybe someone will port it over from the Nexus. ZEUS is a kick ass Rom. I flashed to r3velation and was on it for a day or two, but then I went back to Zeus just because I like it more... Dman rules!

I hope you like Zeus!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
+4 on Zeus (or other custom Roms). Flashed Zeus build 5, and some other add ons...and my Infuse is running smoother and looks slicker than any stock version of GB.

Not to mention the added support you get from sources like this, or over at XDA. You won't get anything close to that from AT&T or Samsung.

ZEUS has started a revolution! I have been on Zeus for about three weeks now and I love it. You're right! I work at a call center and let me tell you, most of the people are NOT that knowledgeable about tech at all! You're better off using the forums before calling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463