Media Hub After GB update...

Th3Ju99anaut

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
So I've been able to upload GB after GTG Unbrick and stupid me forgot to back everything up including my contacts....also Media Hub lost all my movies....so when I open it...it makes me download another app in order to run it (Weird) and when I run it I can't access my user account and it force closes....now I can't show off the dominance of my SUPER AMOLED screen to all my friends with their outdated iPhones... :(

Anyone else have this issue?

4Gee

May 23, 2011
Visit site
The Media Hub issue is not because of the GB update, it is due to a Media Hub update that required a Samsung ID rather than the Gmail ID. Samsung really screwed this up big time. I spent an hour on the phone with them, boy they have no clue! They make a great phone, but don't understand what the word support means.

Th3Ju99anaut

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
The Media Hub issue is not because of the GB update, it is due to a Media Hub update that required a Samsung ID rather than the Gmail ID. Samsung really screwed this up big time. I spent an hour on the phone with them, boy they have no clue! They make a great phone, but don't understand what the word support means.

So what did they say? That it'll get fixed? I'm assuming the Samsung ID was the "Extra" app you had to download in order to run Media Hub?

4Gee

May 23, 2011
Visit site
A week ago they told me they knew about the issue and that it would be resolved within a week, well so far it doesn't work. The 'new' media hub is version 1.6, the 'old' was 1.5. According to what I was told all my movies were on the 1.5 server and they would port them over to 1.6. So far no luck. However, I can view the movies I purchased just by viewing them outside of Media hub because I had backed them up to my computer.

The issue is this - on Media Hub 1.5 all the purchases were made using my Gmail ID/pwd. Then Samsung gets this idea to FORCE us to create a Samsung ID in order to use Media Hub 1.6 (which I had no objection to), but Media Hub cannot list movies under the Samsung ID because they were not purchased under that ID. I tried to go back to 1.5, but it still wants the Samsung ID created.

A real screw-up on their part, and as of yet, no fix!

Oh and I know it is not because of the GB update because this issue happened on my GF's Infuse with Froyo AND it happened on my Skyrocket!

Th3Ju99anaut

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
A week ago they told me they knew about the issue and that it would be resolved within a week, well so far it doesn't work. The 'new' media hub is version 1.6, the 'old' was 1.5. According to what I was told all my movies were on the 1.5 server and they would port them over to 1.6. So far no luck. However, I can view the movies I purchased just by viewing them outside of Media hub because I had backed them up to my computer.

The issue is this - on Media Hub 1.5 all the purchases were made using my Gmail ID/pwd. Then Samsung gets this idea to FORCE us to create a Samsung ID in order to use Media Hub 1.6 (which I had no objection to), but Media Hub cannot list movies under the Samsung ID because they were not purchased under that ID. I tried to go back to 1.5, but it still wants the Samsung ID created.

A real screw-up on their part, and as of yet, no fix!

Oh and I know it is not because of the GB update because this issue happened on my GF's Infuse with Froyo AND it happened on my Skyrocket!

Thanks for the reply...makes more sense...although I'm sad about it...because I loved running Transformers 3 on there to show all my Iphone friends how much cooler and better looking my SUPER AMOLED screen is. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek