If you had to do it all over again...

davidbellevue

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Would you buy the Infuse? And if you would have waited for another Samsung phone, which one and WHY?

I have a lot of problems with mine, and I'm waiting for GB to come out before I decide whether to do a factory wipe/reinstall. But it locks up/shuts down more than once a day, and that shouldn't happen.

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I was waiting for the iPhone 5 (which turned out to be iPhone 4S) back in the summer days of 2011 last year. I dropped my hopes for the iPhone 5 after rumors kept being pushed back and only the iPhone 4 white came out. Then, I learned about the amazing phone called Galaxy SII and became obsessed with it.

Only to be tortured for that ridiculous delay time it took for the U.S. to finally get it while many other parts of the world were already playing with their new SIIs =_=

For me, that's when I settled on the Infuse, because I just couldn't wait longer and it was draining me to check every single day on tech news sites about whether or not the SII was Americanized yet.

If, however, I could go back in time, I would have just waited. Not that the Infuse is bad by any means, but it definitely has its set of bugs and issues, along with sluggishness and lack of proper and timely OS updates. It's just little things that irk me, like how GTA III runs like a slug on this phone which would have run playably if I had gotten the SII, or how I've been waiting for GB which I wouldn't have had to wait for if I had gotten the SII, etc.

The Galaxy Nexus also seems like an awesome phone, but I don't like how you can't expand the storage. I have a big music collection and a small data plan, so I need my extra 32 GB card (I know the whole point for that on the Nexus was you're supposed to use Google Music and stream your songs, but I have a 200 MB data plan... not going to happen lol).

c00l0ne

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes I wouldve waited, for a better android phone because of the bug on the Infuse, but now I just use it to make calls, Im busy with my Asus prime I got the ICS on it loving it. ;)

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I share a surprisingly similar experience in the run up to my deciding on the Infuse. Like you, I would have gone with a true iPhone 5 -- over any Android phone -- had it actually come out.

And then, when I knew I couldn't wait for the GSII, I debated between the Infuse, the HTC Inspire, and the Motorola Atrix. Ended up going with the Infuse because I found the Atrix/laptop-combo-thing gimmicky, and I wanted a screen bigger than the Inspire's... and I'm somewhat brand-loyal to Sammie.

I was waiting for the iPhone 5 (which turned out to be iPhone 4S) back in the summer days of 2011 last year. I dropped my hopes for the iPhone 5 after rumors kept being pushed back and only the iPhone 4 white came out. Then, I learned about the amazing phone called Galaxy SII and became obsessed with it.

Only to be tortured for that ridiculous delay time it took for the U.S. to finally get it while many other parts of the world were already playing with their new SIIs =_=

For me, that's when I settled on the Infuse, because I just couldn't wait longer and it was draining me to check every single day on tech news sites about whether or not the SII was Americanized yet.

If, however, I could go back in time, I would have just waited. Not that the Infuse is bad by any means, but it definitely has its set of bugs and issues, along with sluggishness and lack of proper and timely OS updates. It's just little things that irk me, like how GTA III runs like a slug on this phone which would have run playably if I had gotten the SII, or how I've been waiting for GB which I wouldn't have had to wait for if I had gotten the SII, etc.

The Galaxy Nexus also seems like an awesome phone, but I don't like how you can't expand the storage. I have a big music collection and a small data plan, so I need my extra 32 GB card (I know the whole point for that on the Nexus was you're supposed to use Google Music and stream your songs, but I have a 200 MB data plan... not going to happen lol).

westshotgun

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't experience any of problems on infuse except very slow GB update... but if I had to choose right now I would buy Galaxy S II or Galaxy note. I'm not going to buy iphone 4s. I actually used iphone 3gs before infuse and hated it. iPhone is just not for me.

I don't know maybe iphone 5 will have some great features but it does not even come out yet. No info. Even if iphone 5 is released, I would rather buy Galaxy S III (quad-core processor) by the time iPhone 5 is coming out. Iphone 5 and Galaxy S III (or even Galaxy note II) is going to be released almost at similar time.

ep1963

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I would not choose a different phone. I am extremely pleased with it and would not even imagine using an iPhone. Of course, an SII or Nexus would also be great, but not worth waiting for at the time.

I did have some issue with lockups at one time, but custom rom makes this phone sing. Either R3velation or ZEUS are both incredible and I am sure some of the others are too.

[REF] Infuse 4G Super Thread - modems,kernels,roms,mods, etc. (updated Feb. 26, 2012) - xda-developers

There has been an huge amount of developer support for this phone. They have made it very easy to install custom roms and other features.

If you aren't the type to install custom roms, then maybe an iPhone is a better choice. But iPhone doesn't compare to the Infuse on these custom roms.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I would not choose a different phone. I am extremely pleased with it and would not even imagine using an iPhone. Of course, an SII or Nexus would also be great, but not worth waiting for at the time.

I did have some issue with lockups at one time, but custom rom makes this phone sing. Either R3velation or ZEUS are both incredible and I am sure some of the others are too.

[REF] Infuse 4G Super Thread - modems,kernels,roms,mods, etc. (updated Feb. 26, 2012) - xda-developers

There has been an huge amount of developer support for this phone. They have made it very easy to install custom roms and other features.

If you aren't the type to install custom roms, then maybe an iPhone is a better choice. But iPhone doesn't compare to the Infuse on these custom roms.

I'm running the official (but quickly yanked) GB update. Is there a way to get plain old root access without having to run a custom ROM? Not interested in a custom ROM, but I am interested in root.

ep1963

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the official (but quickly yanked) GB update. Is there a way to get plain old root access without having to run a custom ROM? Not interested in a custom ROM, but I am interested in root.

Yeah there is follow the link above. Root and rom are two different processes. I ran rooted on stock froyo for several months before going to the custom rom.

Egidio

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Going back to the day I bought the Infuse, I would have bought it again. Today (nearly a year later), I would buy another Android phone, but not the Infuse since it is now outdated in February 2012. I think I'm done with Apple phones. I use Apple gizmos everywhere, but when I changed to an Android phone, it was one of the best switches I've made!

ep1963

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! I didn't think there was a way to root the new GB. I'll take a look, thanks!

OH. Yeah, I think you have to go back to Froyo or flash a rom at this point.

But they have the bone stock GB rom there too, if you want everything to be stock except root.

Why don't you want to run a custom rom? They are much better.

JtothaR

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Would you buy the Infuse? And if you would have waited for another Samsung phone, which one and WHY?

I have a lot of problems with mine, and I'm waiting for GB to come out before I decide whether to do a factory wipe/reinstall. But it locks up/shuts down more than once a day, and that shouldn't happen.

Mine is awesome, It's root'd/ROM'd and it doesnt ever lock up/shut down. And I paid $50 for it.

I get new phones constantly though and I currently can't decide whether to get the Note now or wait for iPhone 5 (Because I've found having two Android devices slightly boring, and my old iPod is on it's last legs).

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Yes, I would. My phone was amazing from day one and that's before I bothered to do anything with it. A little later I decided to root it and try out a few custom roms. The way I look at it is: you could wait for gb to finally be pushed, or you can flash a custom rom like r3velation, zeus or any of the roms on xda which would blow any stock is out of the water. Moral of the story is, stop waiting for gb to come out and flash your phone already! Lol

Sent from my Zeus powered Infuse using tapatalk.

Reactions: bigbob_ftw

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I would. My phone was amazing from day one and that's before I bothered to do anything with it. A little later I decided to root it and try out a few custom roms. The way I look at it is: you could wait for gb to finally be pushed, or you can flash a custom rom like r3velation, zeus or any of the roms on xda which would blow any stock is out of the water. Moral of the story is, stop waiting for gb to come out and flash your phone already! Lol

Sent from my Zeus powered Infuse using tapatalk.

I ran Zeus for a day and it was absolutely phenomenal. Felt like a brand new device. The ICS theme was superb.

I'm continuing to stick with what Samsung releases though because for some reason, Zeus (as well as Infused) always brings some unexpected issues (like videos not playing back).

Are you on the UCKL2 build for Zeus? I'm willing to try Zeus again if it gets put on the UCLB3 build.

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I ran Zeus for a day and it was absolutely phenomenal. Felt like a brand new device. The ICS theme was superb.

I'm continuing to stick with what Samsung releases though because for some reason, Zeus (as well as Infused) always brings some unexpected issues (like videos not playing back).

Are you on the UCKL2 build for Zeus? I'm willing to try Zeus again if it gets put on the UCLB3 build.

I never had an issue with video playback. It is by far the best rom out there for the infuse in my opinion and I have tried all of them.

Zeus 6 is lb3 based, which is nice. The last version wasn't so, I just flashed the modem to lb3 instead.

Give it another try and I'm sure you'll thank me for suggesting you did! :)

Sent from my Zeus v.6 powered Infuse!

Reactions: yohannie

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I never had an issue with video playback. It is by far the best rom out there for the infuse in my opinion and I have tried all of them.

Zeus 6 is lb3 based, which is nice. The last version wasn't so, I just flashed the modem to lb3 instead.

Give it another try and I'm sure you'll thank me for suggesting you did! :)

Oh, sweet, Zeus 6 is UCLB3 based?

*goes off to XDA again*

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Behold! Lol

20ac3063-71cc-99d9.jpg