If you had to do it all over again...

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
You won't be let down at all. Send us screenies! Lol

Sent from my Zeus v.6 powered Infuse!

omg just texted with my sis and our time stamps were correct!!!

Things are looking good!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Loving the ICS theme, absolutely gorgeous. I'll set stuff up and then do screensies. Thanks again for giving me the nudge. Last time when I did Zeus 5, the time stamp problem on texting, along with videos not playing just made me sad... I might be speaking too soon (haven't played videos yet), but just the fact that texting is working looks like a good sign!

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
omg just texted with my sis and our time stamps were correct!!!

Things are looking good!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Loving the ICS theme, absolutely gorgeous. I'll set stuff up and then do screensies. Thanks again for giving me the nudge. Last time when I did Zeus 5, the time stamp problem on texting, along with videos not playing just made me sad... I might be speaking too soon (haven't played videos yet), but just the fact that texting is working looks like a good sign!
You're welcome!

There's one really cool edition to Zeus 6 and it's called "Screenshot er."

Basically if you long press the search key you can enable it to trigger that app to take a screen shot. It only works when you long press it, so other presses for the search key will actually trigger the actual search function.:cool:

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
You're welcome!

There's one really cool edition to Zeus 6 and it's called "Screenshot er."

Basically if you long press the search key you can enable it to trigger that app to take a screen shot. It only works when you long press it, so other presses for the search key will actually trigger the actual search function.:cool:

Sweet, just tried that app out and it's wonderful. It's nice to not have to always use the notification bar.

The video playback problem is still here, but I'm not even surprised. I was kind of expecting it lol I keep a lot of HD videos on my phone for choreography for dance, and once again, only a select few are now playable. By this point, it's not even really making me mad, just kind of making me curious.

Anyhow, if that's the only issue, I'm definitely sticking. It's sad not to be able to play all the videos I used to be able to, but the overall gains with ICS theme seem worth it

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Sweet, just tried that app out and it's wonderful. It's nice to not have to always use the notification bar.

The video playback problem is still here, but I'm not even surprised. I was kind of expecting it lol I keep a lot of HD videos on my phone for choreography for dance, and once again, only a select few are now playable. By this point, it's not even really making me mad, just kind of making me curious.

Anyhow, if that's the only issue, I'm definitely sticking. It's sad not to be able to play all the videos I used to be able to, but the overall gains with ICS theme seem worth it

That's so strange.

Sorry about that. I wish I knew how to help with that, but I never encountered an issue like that. Did you download these videos and put them on your phone?

Again, sorry I can't help with that. Hate when I can't help.

JSKershaw

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site

Try using a 3rd party video player like BSPlayer Lite or MX Video Player. Both are available for free and work extremely well. BSPlayer Lite is my favorite by far! Both are in the Google Play Store.

Good luck!

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
That's so strange.

Sorry about that. I wish I knew how to help with that, but I never encountered an issue like that. Did you download these videos and put them on your phone?

Again, sorry I can't help with that. Hate when I can't help.

Aw, that's so sweet of you :) but it's ok, it wasn't a huge loss. Like I said, not being able to watch the choreography on the bus will result in me losing a little bit of time for dance practice, but not going to kill me.

KSJ: I tried using all the other popular 3rd party players... They're also not working :/ I just don't know why. These videos are all either 720p or 1080p, and the ones that still play are very random. I tried to look for a pattern (like large size vs. small size, .mp4 format vs. .avi, etc.) but I just don't see any. Some .avi's no longer work, some still do, some are larger and still play, some are smaller and still play, others don't. So strange.

PS: I feel semi awful saying this, but ended up ordering the AT&T Galaxy SII last night. Had a great time with my baby, Infuse 4G, but one of my family's lines was eligible for an upgrade so went ahead and copped the SII for $99.

This was my first smart phone, so it left me good memories, but alas, after spending many days and hours flashing ROMs and going back to stock like a mad(wo)man, I shall be departing this lifestyle and settling for a good old stock Gingerbread ROM on the SII.

If anyone was pondering whether or not they should leave their Infuse 4G for a $99 Galaxy SII (AT&T), let me know and I'll give you the comparison (since I've used the Infuse 4G for nearly a year). The phone should be arriving in a day or two, but I pretty much know how it'll be (my ex had the phone... fond memories, we'd sometimes get our phones confused cause they'd look the same on the front, although I would always joke, "mine is bigger" lol).

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Aw, that's so sweet of you :) but it's ok, it wasn't a huge loss. Like I said, not being able to watch the choreography on the bus will result in me losing a little bit of time for dance practice, but not going to kill me.

KSJ: I tried using all the other popular 3rd party players... They're also not working :/ I just don't know why. These videos are all either 720p or 1080p, and the ones that still play are very random. I tried to look for a pattern (like large size vs. small size, .mp4 format vs. .avi, etc.) but I just don't see any. Some .avi's no longer work, some still do, some are larger and still play, some are smaller and still play, others don't. So strange.

PS: I feel semi awful saying this, but ended up ordering the AT&T Galaxy SII last night. Had a great time with my baby, Infuse 4G, but one of my family's lines was eligible for an upgrade so went ahead and copped the SII for $99.

This was my first smart phone, so it left me good memories, but alas, after spending many days and hours flashing ROMs and going back to stock like a mad(wo)man, I shall be departing this lifestyle and settling for a good old stock Gingerbread ROM on the SII.

If anyone was pondering whether or not they should leave their Infuse 4G for a $99 Galaxy SII (AT&T), let me know and I'll give you the comparison (since I've used the Infuse 4G for nearly a year). The phone should be arriving in a day or two, but I pretty much know how it'll be (my ex had the phone... fond memories, we'd sometimes get our phones confused cause they'd look the same on the front, although I would always joke, "mine is bigger" lol).

Congrats! The SII was the phone that I wanted to get initially, but my old phone -a BlackBerry- totally crapped out on me and I could't wait for the sII to drop in stores, so I got the Infuse. Before you know it you'll be missing the custom rom look and feel and will be flashing again. Just you wait! Lol

digthemlows

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I love my infuse, I flashed a bunch of ROMS for a while but have settled on CM7.....phone has never had an issue for over 6 months...............it's fast, does everything I want it to and the screen is awesome!! My contract is up in May and I may get the HTC oneX .......... but I'll stay with the infuse if needed too, it's the best phone I've had or used..........the GS2 is nice, but isn't that much better IMHO..........

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae