Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yohannie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to Reset Infuse to Stock Phone

Hi I did the GB update through Kies to version 2.3.6 I997UCKL2 and its been really buggy. after hanging up from a phone call it can take 30 or more seconds to do that or if i want to put a call on speaker phone it can take the 30 or so seconds too, unless i do a fresh boot on the phone then it works ok for a short time then after a few days it starts acting up again.

how do i do a reset my phone to factory 2.2.1 froyo. will this get rid of GB all together and? also this phone has never been rooted its stock except the GB update through Kies.

if anyone has a link on how to do a factory reset on this phone it would be greatly appreaciated.

after the factory reset what do i need to do to the phone to get it back working, or does the SIM setup the phone again?

please let me know thanks,

Default Re: How to Reset Infuse to Stock Phone

Ok, so you have a few different options here.

First is to go back to stock Froyo with this [ODIN][UCKD5] GTG's Ultimate Unbrick - Return to stock - Working PIT included - xda-developers

or

Get the latest leak of stock GB with this [AT&T] [ROM] [UCLB3] Heimdall One-Click Return to Stock + Easy CWM Installation - xda-developers

The UCLB3 leak is really smooth, you might try it first and if you dont like it odin back to UCKD5.

Quote Originally Posted by handsofdeath View Post
    Hi I did the GB update through Kies to version 2.3.6 I997UCKL2 and its been really buggy. after hanging up from a phone call it can take 30 or more seconds to do that or if i want to put a call on speaker phone it can take the 30 or so seconds too, unless i do a fresh boot on the phone then it works ok for a short time then after a few days it starts acting up again.

how do i do a reset my phone to factory 2.2.1 froyo. will this get rid of GB all together and? also this phone has never been rooted its stock except the GB update through Kies.

if anyone has a link on how to do a factory reset on this phone it would be greatly appreaciated.

after the factory reset what do i need to do to the phone to get it back working, or does the SIM setup the phone again?

please let me know thanks,
    I would recommend trying this:
    [AT&T] [ROM] [UCLB3] Heimdall One-Click Return to Stock + Easy CWM Installation - xda-developers

That's UCLB3, the latest leak by Samsung, Gingerbread build.

2.2.1 - the second "2" signifies Froyo, to answer your question about going back to 2.2.1. Gingerbread builds have a "3" instead of a "2" for the middle number (i.e. 2.3.6).

I will say this again and again, but the update you got through Kies was never meant to be there. It was a mistake by AT&T and Samsung. It's an unfinished build and has a lot of bugs. The ones you mentioned, along with screen insensitivity and other issues like messed up texting time stamps. Samsung nor AT&T ever announced the official update for this phone. It was just some AT&T representative who somehow got the wrong inside info and posted a link onto the forums. Samsung tried to prevent people from downloading it through Kies by making UCKH1 be incompatible, but Samsung didn't realize that some people had never updated their phones OTA back in November or whenever it was that UCKH1 came out.

Hence, now we have this clusterf*ck of a mess, with people wrongly thinking that AT&T officially updated their Infuses to Gingerbread.

It never happened. Not yet.

But the Samsung team is going at it and has been releasing new leaks. Right now (like I said at the beginning), the latest leak is UCLB3. This may be the final version that ends up being the "official" Gingerbread update, since it clears up a lot of the issues from UCKL2 (the update that everyone wrongly thinks was the official update). Both are nothing more than leaks, unfinished versions that are being tested by dev teams at Samsung and being worked on (although UCLB3 may end up being final, who knows).

Ok. Now that rant is out of the way.

Yes, if you go back to 2.2.1, you will be back on stock Froyo. You can do this:

[ODIN][UCKD5] GTG's Ultimate Unbrick - Return to stock - Working PIT included - xda-developers

Follow the directions very very carefully. If you do not, you may end up bricking your phone. This is actually really hard to do because I've done this so many times and I've never had an issue. However, there always seems to be one person who doesn't follow all the steps and ends up soft-bricking their phone and panicking.

This will take you back to UCKD5 which is the Froyo build that shipped with the phone in the summer of last year. That means you will be one update behind what is supposed to be on your phone, which is UCKH1 (the Froyo update I mentioned that went OTA, over the air, back in November or so).

If you want to go back to this stage, follow the directions, and factory reset afterwards. Go to settings, about phone, check for updates, and you'll eventually get the notice for an OTA update to UCKH1. That's where Samsung/AT&T expect all of their Infuse customers to be at right now, officially.

Do consider going with the first option I posted at the top though. The new Gingerbread leak UCLB3 is very good. No major issues. I'm running it myself and am loving it.
    Thanked by 4:
    jerryeight likes this.

While you were writing your novel, I snuck in and beat you to the punch

Very good information and alot of it. You deserve a few thanks on this one.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

if i do the factory reset within the phone what will my phone be after it boots back up? will it be on Froyo 2.2.1 or still on GB 2.3.6 please let me know.

also if i leave my phone the way it is and either ATT or Samsung fix this miss they created will my phone get the next update you think or ill be stuck on this version?

please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by handsofdeath View Post
    if i do the factory reset within the phone what will my phone be after it boots back up? will it be on Froyo 2.2.1 or still on GB 2.3.6 please let me know.

also if i leave my phone the way it is and either ATT or Samsung fix this miss they created will my phone get the next update you think or ill be stuck on this version?

please let me know
    factory reset(I'm assuming you meant by setting->privacy->factory reset) won't get back your phone to stock Froyo. It would be still Gb and all of your datas on SD card would be wiped.

I quite don't understand your last statement but If you had official GB(that has been pulled out from mini kies) I think you will be able to get revised GB from ATT while on that GB. Of course, you will be able to get that update if you go back to froyo as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fox0137 View Post
    While you were writing your novel, I snuck in and beat you to the punch

Very good information and alot of it. You deserve a few thanks on this one.
    Haha, so true, you basically said exactly what I said, just a lot less girl-talk rambling.

@ Handofdeath:

Like Westshotgun said, Factory Reset only resets within your build. If you're on 2.3.6 (GB), you'll still be on GB when you factory reset. It's more like just wiping out all the cache and gunk and restoring it to how the phone would be if it had just come out of the box (of course, on the build that it was on). So don't worry, you won't be back on Froyo even if you reset on GB.

Now. The second question. Here's my honest opinion. It's really messed up right now. Like. Really. Really messed up. Samsung/AT&T really ran into an issue when that AT&T rep released that wrong inside info because now, there's a lot of people running UCKL2 (GB). The problem is, when you go from GB to GB, you don't need to install new bootloaders, but when you go from Froyo to GB, you need to install bootloaders for GB.

If they try to do a mass update, they'll most likely choose a method that will get Froyo (UCKH1) to GB (whether that ends up being UCLB3, I don't know yet). That's my honest belief, because as far as Samsung/AT&T are concerned, they're not responsible (technically) for anyone running GB UCKL2 (that one that everyone thinks was official, which again I'll say, it wasn't). Samsung/AT&T never announced that the GB update was here for the Infuse, and they definitely never said it was the UCKL2 build. So, last "official" one was Froyo UCKH1.

Will Samsung/AT&T decide to have big hearts and try to help people on the GB build be able to update in the same manner via Kies? I don't know. I honestly don't. But in the worst case, you can still flash back to UCKD5 Froyo with that GTG Ultimate Unbrick link I showed you and then go from there.
    Thanked by:
    dde333 

This was a very helpful. Thank you. I had updated to UCKL2 and was seeing the problems that you reported. So I moved to LB3. I also put LB3 on a second infuse that had never been on GB. Oddly, I did not load a bootloader but it still worked. As a matter of face, the bootload checkbox on the Heimdall One click that you recommended was grayed out.
    Also, I did notice weird artifact about LB3. When I power up, just before the AT&T splash screen, instead of black, I see what looks like a corrupt video display consisting of multi-color random garbage. It also occurs occasionally during the operation of the phone after the boot is complete. Have you seen this and do you have any idea what might be causing it?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scmagee View Post
    This was a very helpful. Thank you. I had updated to UCKL2 and was seeing the problems that you reported. So I moved to LB3. I also put LB3 on a second infuse that had never been on GB. Oddly, I did not load a bootloader but it still worked. As a matter of face, the bootload checkbox on the Heimdall One click that you recommended was grayed out.
    Also, I did notice weird artifact about LB3. When I power up, just before the AT&T splash screen, instead of black, I see what looks like a corrupt video display consisting of multi-color random garbage. It also occurs occasionally during the operation of the phone after the boot is complete. Have you seen this and do you have any idea what might be causing it?
    Thanks
    It sounds like you dont have the proper GB bootloaders installed. This "mulit-color random garbage" is called a rainbow effect, which is caused by incorrect bootloaders.
    Typically when coming from Froyo to GB using the one click LB3 you will have to flash twice. The second time is when the boot loader box will open for you to check. I would reflash LB3. This should solve your issues.
    Thanked by:
    dde333 

I will give that a try. Also it is good to have a better term to refer to, "the rainbow effect". It is a perfect description of the problem, thanks!

Yep, flashing the new bootloader did the trick! Thanks again.

Glad I could help

Please delete
    Last edited by dde333; 03-09-2012 at 05:29 PM.

I have been using LB3 for a few days now and it seems to be working well. I do have a question. It seems that this version of OS only offers one choice for a ring tone. That is, the default ring tone. You can still assign individual ring tones in your phonebook however anyone that is not assigned a specific tone gets the default. So is this a normal feature of this release or is there some configuration somewhere that I am missing? how do I change the default ring tone. It does not offer it in the usually place as my other Android phones.

Quote Originally Posted by scmagee View Post
    I have been using LB3 for a few days now and it seems to be working well. I do have a question. It seems that this version of OS only offers one choice for a ring tone. That is, the default ring tone. You can still assign individual ring tones in your phonebook however anyone that is not assigned a specific tone gets the default. So is this a normal feature of this release or is there some configuration somewhere that I am missing? how do I change the default ring tone. It does not offer it in the usually place as my other Android phones.
    settings/sound/phone ringtone - easy as that.

ive tried all that i could to get this samsung infuse to get pass this samsung logo but it wont what shall i do please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fgavin View Post
    ive tried all that i could to get this samsung infuse to get pass this samsung logo but it wont what shall i do please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ODIN back to stock. Look for it on XDA.

Hi could someone please confirm for me that if it flashed the new gb bootloader onto my phone I will be able to return to my froyo bootloader by using the odin back to stock method ?
    thanks i am on the fence right now about wether or not i should flash the new gb bootloader since i want to be able to restore it back to the very stock froyo with froyo bootloader when i need to bring my phone in for warranty service