sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
It is better on phone, but you can use most email clients on Androids. If you open the app drawer on phone, you should have an app called "email". Tap it and set up your account.

I found native email very limiting. Look into K9 mail, or Kaiten.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Reactions: gilbertc

tamelion1117

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Now how do I get rid of my gmail account on the infuse?

If it's the gmail that was added when the phone was set up, you can't get rid of it unless you do a factory data reset. It has to have a gmail account set up for you to access the market.

Sent from my Zeus v.6 powered Infuse!

ldpalm

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I actually like Gmail but also have other Email accounts set up. Go to settings, accounts, set up new account. Also Gmail looks better after upgrading to ICS

igoslo#CB

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I use gmail. Just upgraded my Infuse 4G to 2.3.6 GB. on 2.2.1 I had group gmail function. (More the 10) 7 Groups between 12- 38 members. I WAS capable of emailing them as one email. NOW after upgrade lost it. ANY suggestions besides downgrading back to 2.2.1? :-\

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I use gmail. Just upgraded my Infuse 4G to 2.3.6 GB. on 2.2.1 I had group gmail function. (More the 10) 7 Groups between 12- 38 members. I WAS capable of emailing them as one email. NOW after upgrade lost it. ANY suggestions besides downgrading back to 2.2.1? :-\

I never had group email capability when I was running FroYo... used to really bug me actually. And, same as you, in GB I don't have it either. Not sure why I didn't have it back then, but that's great that you did.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
If it's the gmail that was added when the phone was set up, you can't get rid of it unless you do a factory data reset. It has to have a gmail account set up for you to access the market.

Sent from my Zeus v.6 powered Infuse!

Wrong. You can use Antek App Pro and either freeze or delete system apps. Titanium may allow it now too. Check the market for Freeze Apps.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site

Look in the Market. There are plenty of e-mail clients.

gilbert945

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Newby

I'm rather new to this android stuff. My wife and I both have an Infuse and like them. Still trying to learn everything. I'm hoping to get educated somewhat here.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Newby

I'm rather new to this android stuff. My wife and I both have an Infuse and like them. Still trying to learn everything. I'm hoping to get educated somewhat here.

Welcome, and I can't stress it enough. Read, search, read, search & read. I can bet that if you have a problem, someone else had it before.