Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gingerbread?

i have the att samsung infuse Att and i am wondering when we will get the GB update? i read it came out but got pulled cuz people were having problems.. i also read that it will NOT be an OTA update.

if all this is true whats the best way toi find out when it comes out?

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    ROM
    GB UCLB3

Default Re: Gingerbread?

Your guess is as good as anyone's. The only thing that we have to go by is the leaked versions of GB.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by BigAtrain View Post
    Your guess is as good as anyone's. The only thing that we have to go by is the leaked versions of GB.
    ggrrrrr!!!! LOL which means rooting which i dunno how

You don't need to root. If you've read the other thread(s), I'm sure you would have found this information, but I will save you the trouble:

[AT&T] [ROM] [UCLB3] Heimdall One-Click Return to Stock + Easy CWM Installation - xda-developers

That's UCLB3, a relatively stable build of GB for the phone. It's not official, but it's newer than that one GB that everyone falsely thought was official, and it gets rid of a few bugs.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by yohannie View Post
    You don't need to root. If you've read the other thread(s), I'm sure you would have found this information, but I will save you the trouble:

[AT&T] [ROM] [UCLB3] Heimdall One-Click Return to Stock + Easy CWM Installation - xda-developers

That's UCLB3, a relatively stable build of GB for the phone. It's not official, but it's newer than that one GB that everyone falsely thought was official, and it gets rid of a few bugs.

nervous chuckle.. my bad, sorry kinda new to android (for the 2nd time).. anyway does it matter if i am on a a mac? has you or anyone else tried this? like i said very new.. would hate to mess up the phone

We probably get official GB OTA in two years,,by that time we can get a new phone with better software.
    Professional

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by BLOND37 View Post
    nervous chuckle.. my bad, sorry kinda new to android (for the 2nd time).. anyway does it matter if i am on a a mac? has you or anyone else tried this? like i said very new.. would hate to mess up the phone
    Heimdall is java based so it will run on any OS that supports java.
    Cranky...

Ported JW8 SAUROM Project / Galaxy Blue - Theme -

Is Anybody Out There?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    but it says i need the drivers..
    Professional

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

Not sure how to run it on a mac. I'm just saying that hemidall is java based.

Search. I did and found this: [GUIDE] Flashing with Heimdall - xda-developers
    Cranky...

Is Anybody Out There?

Hey Truckerglenn!

Btw, there will be no update for the infuse. Put gingerbread on yourself. Don't know how? Learn like I did.
    Professional

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by gary_baxter View Post
    Hey Truckerglenn!

Btw, there will be no update for the infuse. Put gingerbread on yourself. Don't know how? Learn like I did.
    WoW, do you have an in with Samsing or AT&T.

Was that message to me? I'm running GB from the Galaxy that I ported myself.
    Cranky...

Is Anybody Out There?

WoW, do you have an in with Samsing or AT&T.

Was that message to me? I'm running GB from the Galaxy that I ported myself.
    Actually, it wasn't directed towards you. Was just saying hi, as I know you from the xda forums.

And no, I don't have an in with att or samsung. But it's kind of obvious that if they havn't given us an update almost a year later, they are not going to. They have bigger fish to fry at this point. Btw, good job with the F1 Innovation rom. Works awesome.
    Thanked by:
    Cranky 
    Professional

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

Thanks. I was in a pissy mood the other day.
    Cranky...

Is Anybody Out There?