Contact List Help

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I love my Infuse 4G. It is an awesome camera..... As for a communication device I am still struggling to like it. I sometimes miss my BB. My biggest pet peeve is the default contact list. Is there a better contact list available besides the default one included with the phone?

I just want to be able to find phone numbers of people I call and text on a regular basis quickly without having to sift through 300 FB friends from around the world who I follow but do not communicate with OR the 200 people spread through out my 4 email accounts who I only email for business. To add to my frustration after syncing I now have 2 sometimes 3 entries for many of these people. To make it more of a cluster fu*# some contacts are joined with completely unrelated people OR somehow now have incorrect numbers, addresses and info that I don't recognize.

I don't understand why there is a difference between 'syncing' and 'joining' contacts but I've no doubt there is one. Why can't the contact list just smoosh contacts from various sources together so the user doesn't have to double/triple handle it after the fact?

I read somewhere that you could hide the SNS contacts you didn't want to see (AND CAN'T DELETE!) but there was no explanation on how to do it. My preference would be to delete them. I tried creating a new GROUP in the PHONE category with the intention of putting my "dream list of contacts" in that but even though there are 352 unassigned contacts I only had a group of 20 people available to put in my new group. What do I do?

I really want to clean up and streamline my contact list. Any ideas on how to do this in the most efficient way?

My phone is a SAMSUNG INFUSE. I use gmail and yahoo!mail and have multiple accounts. I also have the phone book/contact list that was transferred from my BB to my Infuse that includes contacts that are not listed in my gmail or yahoo! contact lists. I am dumb and blond so I would appreciate if any advice would be provided in blonde speak.

Thanks in Advance!

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I would highly recommend saving all your contacts to Google instead of SIM/Phone. The biggest reason why everyone gets doubles and triples is because they save numbers to their SIM/Phone. Google has an option where on the desktop site, it automatically scans for duplicates and deletes the extra ones.

For Facebook, go to your contacts, options, display options and check "Show with Phone Numbers only". This should get rid of all the ones who don't have phone numbers listed. If that still bothers you, go down on the display options, and you'll see Facebook - open it up and uncheck it. Your Facebook contacts will still be synced but they will not show up on your contacts list.

The thousands of Gmail addresses that show up will also be solved this way (if you check "Show with Phone Numbers Only", it will not display all the ones that are just email addresses).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae