Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35
  1. #26  

    Default Re: gingerbread update

    Quote Originally Posted by cvmfour View Post
    Switching between screens, the backgJuround picture used to scroll over with it to reveal more of the picture. I can't figure out how to fix this.

    When checking emails and I flip the phone over to landscape mode, it shows emails on the left and the email you're reading in a box to the right. I can't figure out how to change this back to the full screen while reading emails in landscape mode.

    I've noticed I have the same amount of apps but it lags more between them. Then, the phone catches up and is fine.

    Just a few gripes I have right now.
    Just go to settings and turn off split view mode
  2. #27  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moin1998 View Post
    Just wondering for a friends phone, is this update not being pushed OTA?
    Nope. Have to use Kies Mini.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note using TapaTalk.
  3. #28  

    Default Re: gingerbread update

    Just finished installing GB. Went to samsung site, downloaded mini Kies, installed on PC plugged in phone to Kies and it took about 5 minutes didn't lose anything. It was about time they released this YEHHHHHHHH!!!ICE CREAM SANDWHICH anyone????
  4. #29  

    Default Re: gingerbread update

    Sadly kies mini does not recognize my phone. uninstalled everything that was samsung related, installed kies mini. I registered my device months ago on samsung website. also I tried removing external sd card and a few other things the faq suggested.

    Sometimes it will recognize the device but as un registered. When this happen s the upgrade button is greyed. Looks like I may be doomed to never update.

    My phone is completely stock. Never rooted or did anything. Have had it since the week it was released
  5. #30  

    Default Re: gingerbread update

    Quote Originally Posted by taxman24 View Post
    Sadly kies mini does not recognize my phone. uninstalled everything that was samsung related, installed kies mini. I registered my device months ago on samsung website. also I tried removing external sd card and a few other things the faq suggested.

    Sometimes it will recognize the device but as un registered. When this happen s the upgrade button is greyed. Looks like I may be doomed to never update.

    My phone is completely stock. Never rooted or did anything. Have had it since the week it was released
    If it makes you feel any better, the GB update is really unfinished... The wallpaper in the background doesn't move, the battery meter is always green, games start stuttering, and the music app makes a lot of albums either go unknown or mess up the album art.

    I'd say stock Froyo (how the phone came as is) was probably the most usable form of the phone, so don't feel too bad.
  6. #31  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yohannie View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, the GB update is really unfinished... The wallpaper in the background doesn't move, the battery meter is always green, games start stuttering, and the music app makes a lot of albums either go unknown or mess up the album art.

    I'd say stock Froyo (how the phone came as is) was probably the most usable form of the phone, so don't feel too bad.
    Have you tried a factory reset? Also clearing delvik cache. When I had my Captivate and got official 2.3.5, had a ton of issues until I did one, After that I was golden. Anyone else having issues? The GF wants GB!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: gingerbread update

    Quote Originally Posted by btswein View Post
    Have you tried a factory reset? Also clearing delvik cache. When I had my Captivate and got official 2.3.5, had a ton of issues until I did one, After that I was golden. Anyone else having issues? The GF wants GB!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note.
    Yeah, all that was after factory resetting, unfortunately
  8. #33  

    Default Re: gingerbread update

    So far I like GB on my Infuse. There is a small improvement in response times for most of the apps I use.

    The battery management is substantially better. I'm getting a 20-25% improvement in battery life if I had to guess a number.

    I miss the moving wallpaper, but I can live without it.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: gingerbread update

    I still have live wallpapers. Downloaded new ones off zedge today.
  10. #35  
    cbit's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

    Talking Re: gingerbread update

    Probably speaking too soon, but (as of today) I like the GB revision. Touchscreen is working much better in car caddy. This whole experience has me rethinking both Samsung and AT&T, but mostly Samsung. ICS on a better supported phone will be next for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions