gingerbread update

rocko68

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I figured its been a while since I last checked on the all allusive gingerbread 2.3.6....you all can check the downloadable Samsung kies for the latest version and if its different than the last one you loaded, remove the old one and install the new kies version. I did have an issue with my infuse being not registered again so I re-registered on the Samsung website and waited a couple of days. long story short, today my phone was again recognized by kies and the prompt for software upgrade was available. downloaded it and all is well. no glitches.

ShortFuse321

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. It worked for me as well. It now shows ver. 2.3.6. I've only noticed a few cosmetic changes so far and wifi seems to be working better (which was my major gripe).

FINALLY!!!!

westshotgun

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
About time! I just went back to stock to flash stock gb leak and official upgrade pops up :D

I been flashing lots of roms lately but I've been little frustrated with all the small bugs and stuff...
Even Zeus, the most stable custom rom on infuse, showed some bugs which was annoying as the time goes.

I'm just gonna stick with Stock GB for now till my contract is up...

Oh FYI, It seems it is same with the UCLB3 leak, so if you flashed UCLB3 leak last month, no need to upgrade I think

rocko68

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I think the best benefit was that Samsung did allow what the infuse was capable of doing, in this case upgrading the software to levels that newer devices came with stock. in a way I feel less cheated...

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So official-official no-root-required GB is here? The ladies phone needs an update!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note using TapaTalk.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I figured its been a while since I last checked on the all allusive gingerbread 2.3.6....you all can check the downloadable Samsung kies for the latest version and if its different than the last one you loaded, remove the old one and install the new kies version. I did have an issue with my infuse being not registered again so I re-registered on the Samsung website and waited a couple of days. long story short, today my phone was again recognized by kies and the prompt for software upgrade was available. downloaded it and all is well. no glitches.

Link, please.

DJarzabek

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
My son updated his Infuse this morning. What is funny is this, We were planing on giving his Samsung Infuse phone today to my son in law and my son would pick up the Samsung Galaxy S2 today. We did not expect an update this morning but we are happy it happened. I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 and it is a good phone.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Just did the GB update. Took less than 30 minutes including downloading and installing kies on the PC. Didn't have to reload any apps or fix any settings. Just like magic and I had a new interface with different options, but the basics were all there with no muss and no fuss. Happy Camper!:cool:

harle83

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just upgraded the wifes Infuse. Smooth as butter, no problems. Didn't erase any data what so ever. She will wake up very happy. Now if AT&T will get the note in order and get it updated to ICS life would be perfect!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance