Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default gingerbread update

Ok so I figured its been a while since I last checked on the all allusive gingerbread 2.3.6....you all can check the downloadable Samsung kies for the latest version and if its different than the last one you loaded, remove the old one and install the new kies version. I did have an issue with my infuse being not registered again so I re-registered on the Samsung website and waited a couple of days. long story short, today my phone was again recognized by kies and the prompt for software upgrade was available. downloaded it and all is well. no glitches.

Default Re: gingerbread update

Thanks. It worked for me as well. It now shows ver. 2.3.6. I've only noticed a few cosmetic changes so far and wifi seems to be working better (which was my major gripe).

FINALLY!!!!

About time! I just went back to stock to flash stock gb leak and official upgrade pops up

I been flashing lots of roms lately but I've been little frustrated with all the small bugs and stuff...
    Even Zeus, the most stable custom rom on infuse, showed some bugs which was annoying as the time goes.

I'm just gonna stick with Stock GB for now till my contract is up...

Oh FYI, It seems it is same with the UCLB3 leak, so if you flashed UCLB3 leak last month, no need to upgrade I think

high
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I think the best benefit was that Samsung did allow what the infuse was capable of doing, in this case upgrading the software to levels that newer devices came with stock. in a way I feel less cheated...

WOW its really here? updating now!!! pinch me ! am I dreaming? lol

has anyone rooted an infuse running 2.3.6. If so, would you please provide details.

So official-official no-root-required GB is here? The ladies phone needs an update!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note using TapaTalk.

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

Quote Originally Posted by rocko68 View Post
    Ok so I figured its been a while since I last checked on the all allusive gingerbread 2.3.6....you all can check the downloadable Samsung kies for the latest version and if its different than the last one you loaded, remove the old one and install the new kies version. I did have an issue with my infuse being not registered again so I re-registered on the Samsung website and waited a couple of days. long story short, today my phone was again recognized by kies and the prompt for software upgrade was available. downloaded it and all is well. no glitches.
    Link, please.

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

I was too lazy to google it.
    Here it is:

I'm just waiting for my phone to charge, then going for it! Yaay!

why does my phone say the software is up to date then?

My son updated his Infuse this morning. What is funny is this, We were planing on giving his Samsung Infuse phone today to my son in law and my son would pick up the Samsung Galaxy S2 today. We did not expect an update this morning but we are happy it happened. I just bought the Samsung Galaxy S2 and it is a good phone.

Just did the GB update. Took less than 30 minutes including downloading and installing kies on the PC. Didn't have to reload any apps or fix any settings. Just like magic and I had a new interface with different options, but the basics were all there with no muss and no fuss. Happy Camper!

Does anybody have the build number on this update?

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

Gingerbread.uclb3

firmware: 2.3.6, Kernel 2.6.35.7-I997UCLB3-CL977492

It's same with the leak.

Just upgraded the wifes Infuse. Smooth as butter, no problems. Didn't erase any data what so ever. She will wake up very happy. Now if AT&T will get the note in order and get it updated to ICS life would be perfect!
    Last edited by harle83; 04-07-2012 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Icon Mistake

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Upgrading was a breeze! It should have been like this from the beginning instead of that botched system in February.

can someone check to see if you can screen shot by holding home and power button after update?

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Screen Capture app works good enough

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

make sure you flash back to stock if you have a different rom first.
    Last edited by aapold; 04-08-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

So now that the official update has been out for couple days, is anyone willing to discuss what improvements are in the ROM, and what bugs/problems are present also? Thank you in advance!!

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Switching between screens, the background picture used to scroll over with it to reveal more of the picture. I can't figure out how to fix this.

When checking emails and I flip the phone over to landscape mode, it shows emails on the left and the email you're reading in a box to the right. I can't figure out how to change this back to the full screen while reading emails in landscape mode.

I've noticed I have the same amount of apps but it lags more between them. Then, the phone catches up and is fine.

Just a few gripes I have right now.

ROM
    AOKP

Just wondering for a friends phone, is this update not being pushed OTA?

I think I'm gonna go back to stock and try gb im getting desperate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast