1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Infuse 4g cracked screen

Hi guys im sory if my thread is in the wrong place or something like this im a new member .
    I have a problem my new infuse 4g fell down and the screen is cracked now but the touchscreen is still in perfectly working condition .So my Question is do I have to buy a new lcd or just a new outer glass like this
    Please help me
    Professional

Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

Default Re: Infuse 4g cracked screen

From reading that auction, I'd say that the glass is not included. Price seems too low.

Go over to the XDA forums, a few users over there have cracked their screens and fixed them.
    Cranky...

Ported JW8 SAUROM Project / Galaxy Blue - Theme -

Is Anybody Out There?

Happened to me too. I see the inexpensive glass replacements on ebay, but after looking at various youtube videos, it looks like that would be impossible to actually do.

You can get samsung to replace it for $155. Call 1-888-987-4357.

That is cheaper than the screen replacments on ebay (that inlcude the LCD). The Glass/LCD replacement would be the only viable option, but since Samsung will do it cheaper, I would have them do it instead of trying it yourself. The DIY method looks prone to screwups.

I have same problem and called Samsung.
    The good news: the amount mentioned ($158 in my case) includes shipping both ways (they send you a UPS envelope).
    The bad news: be prepared to be without your phone for about 2 weeks
    Professional

Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

Just buy a cheap gophone and put your sim in it.
    Cranky...

Ported JW8 SAUROM Project / Galaxy Blue - Theme -

Is Anybody Out There?

Quote Originally Posted by electricpete View Post
    The good news: the amount mentioned ($158 in my case) includes shipping both ways (they send you a UPS envelope).
    Actually, I think that is what they quoted me too. I don't know why I wrote $155.

Quote Originally Posted by electricpete View Post
    If you do this, please post back and let us know how it goes. Mine is just a hairline crack and I figure I can live with it for the time being, but if it gets worse I would like to know your experience.