1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy HELP! Updated to Gingerbread and my Infuse is a mess!!!

Hello everyone, I'm new here and desperate! Please bear with me, I don't very much understand the technical terms that I've read in the forums. For example, I don't understand what "ODIN back to stock" means and I don't know anything about "rooting".

I need someone who successfully was able to restore their Samsung Infuse back to Froyo, from Gingerbread 2.3.6, UCLB3, to PLEASE give me detailed instructions about getting rid of Gingerbread.

I installed UCLB3 on my phone a few days ago and my phone is a total mess: lagging, turning off on its own, more lagging, apps not working properly, speakerphone feature not working during a phone call, still more lagging, and several other issues that I can't remember.

Thank you in advance the help, Ana
    Professional

Global Posts
    743 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBean 4.1.1

Default Re: HELP! Updated to Gingerbread and my Infuse is a mess!!!

Copy "ODIN back to stock" do a google search. You'll find that using the program ODIN you can flash your phone back to stock.

Read, read and read. Others have done the work for you, so if you read, you'll find that someone has already made a zip with ODIN and what you need to flash back to stock.

TRY CLICKING HERE
    Cranky...

Ported JW8 SAUROM Project / Galaxy Blue - Theme -

Is Anybody Out There?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for the infomation. I am going to try what you suggested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Has this issue been resolved?

agploch... did you get squared away? Or do you still have problems?

And did you do the 2.3 Gingerbread update using Kies Mini? Or did you root and flash your own ROM? You said you don't know from "root" or "ODIN," so I'm guessing it was the former.

If it was the former (in other words, if you used Kies Mini), then I'm not sure sending you off down the ODIN road was the right thing to do, but it's been a little over a month and we've not heard back from you. What happened? Do you still need help?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

OMG! So sorry it took me so long to reply, I haven't checked the forum in ages! (Well, that's pretty obvious! )

To answer your questions:

Yes, I got it all squared away, thanks!

Yes, I did the 2.3 Gingerbread update using Kies Mini. You were correct, I still have no idea about how to flash the ROM.

I was able to return the phone back to stock using Odin. I followed this instructions on the link, which then took me to XDA Developers for some more instructions from XDA. It was somewhat complicated, and after a few panic-filed minutes (due to my not entering something where it was supposed to go and getting the yellow-triangle-warning-screen from hell - then starting over and putting in the right information in the correct place), I finally got it done!

I still have my Infuse, and even though it glitches sometimes (maybe due to the number of apps I have downloaded) I still love it. If I decide to get another phone, I think I'll go with the Galaxy Note (bigger screen), and pass the Infuse down to my son.

Thank you! And have a Happy Thanksgiving!