Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SAMSUNG INFUSE Firmware upgrade ecountered an issue. HELLPP

hey folks i was trying to upgrade my phone from froyo to gingerbread through kies-mini but while on the process of upgrading it got stuck on 42%. I waited for 30 mins and it was still stuck, next thing i knew the phone rebooted it self and when the phone booted back on an error message popped up with a phone and a compter with a yellow triangle in the middle}and it stated firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies and try again.. so i took off the battery and put it back on and hold the volume and the power button down. while booting up and the same errror popper up and when connecting to the usb my computer doesn't recognize the device and on kies the emergency recovery is grayed out....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HEEELLPP for i know i'm not the only one whose going through this and they could use this forum for help as well ..please somebody get back at me with some solution it will be so helpfull

Default Re: SAMSUNG INFUSE Firmware upgrade ecountered an issue. HELLPP

Consider trying the Heimdall one-click 2.3.6 here:
    [AT&T] [ROM] [UCLB3] Heimdall One-Click Return to Stock + Easy CWM Installation - xda-developers

Read instructions carefully. If you're brand new to this, I would seriously might plan on at least 8 hours reading and another 8 hours trying to get it to work. I'm not trying to scare you, but you have to be in the frame of mind that it's not going to be quick so you'll slow down and focus on the details.. The first time I had to do it, it took me about 12 hours to get it to work. I also had to ask questions on xda. Having trouble figuring out the procedure the first time is normal. It will work, but probably not the first time. May have to try several usb ports, several cords (data cords, not power only cords), even several computers. May have to try uninstall and reinstall the drivers from your computer. As long as you don't check "flash bootloaders", you won't do any unrecoverable damage.