Infuse makes Galaxy S2 Pointless?

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
It isn't what you can do with it now. Its what you can do with it when Android and Android applications fully support dual core.

I was being facetious. There's no way I would get anything other than a S2 at the moment. If AT&T doesn't step up soon, I'll just order an international version.

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know the battery size or how many gigs of space comes with this phone excluding any SD card it comes with? I can't find it anywhere on here.

Reactions: Terrigno

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know the battery size or how many gigs of space comes with this phone excluding any SD card it comes with? I can't find it anywhere on here.

Im with you on that. How much internal rom is there and whats the battery size? I cant find it anywhere else.

Edit: Found it. The Infuse 4G HSUPA-enabled smartphone also comes with 16GB internal memory, an 8-megapixel camera that is capable of recording 720 HD video and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for making video calls.

Yup. That seals the deal for me :)

AND I EDIT AGAIN! A new handset was unveiled at the AT&T Developers Conference that may give The Galaxy S a run for it's money. The Samsung Infuse 4G is exclusively available through AT&T and comes with features and specs such as: Android 2.2 onboard, HSPA+ support, 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus WVGA display that is said to have 50% more sub-pixels for better contrast and outdoor readability, a 1.2GHz CPU, 8MP camera with LED flash, Wi-Fi, 16GB internal memory and a 1750mAh battery.

16GB Internal Memory and a 1750mAh Battery. YUP, That just sealed the deal even tighter for me :)

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Im with you on that. How much internal rom is there and whats the battery size? I cant find it anywhere else.

Edit: Found it. The Infuse 4G HSUPA-enabled smartphone also comes with 16GB internal memory, an 8-megapixel camera that is capable of recording 720 HD video and a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for making video calls.

Yup. That seals the deal for me :)

AND I EDIT AGAIN! A new handset was unveiled at the AT&T Developers Conference that may give The Galaxy S a run for it's money. The Samsung Infuse 4G is exclusively available through AT&T and comes with features and specs such as: Android 2.2 onboard, HSPA+ support, 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus WVGA display that is said to have 50% more sub-pixels for better contrast and outdoor readability, a 1.2GHz CPU, 8MP camera with LED flash, Wi-Fi, 16GB internal memory and a 1750mAh battery.

16GB Internal Memory and a 1750mAh Battery. YUP, That just sealed the deal even tighter for me :)

I don't see any benefit to this phone as compared to the atrix. Awkwardly big screen, single core, less powerful gpu, still 2.2(wtf), less ram

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

chipstien

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Personally I was going to get an Atrix until I actually played with one. Man, what a POS. Plus it isn't a big enough screen.

Everyone is looking for something specific that fits them. Personally I use my phone for most things EXCEPT games. Screen size means everything for me. Admittedly the GS2 is a more powerful phone but I am fighting a iphone 3gs with a bad screen so I can't wait until Fall to get a phone. But I might just buy the Infuse outright and save my upgrade until the GS2 comes out. That is if I find that the Processor makes up for the loss in screen size.

This will be my first Android... sure hope it is everything my iphone is and more. :)

sw33ndawg

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Personally I was going to get an Atrix until I actually played with one. Man, what a POS. Plus it isn't a big enough screen.

Everyone is looking for something specific that fits them. Personally I use my phone for most things EXCEPT games. Screen size means everything for me. Admittedly the GS2 is a more powerful phone but I am fighting a iphone 3gs with a bad screen so I can't wait until Fall to get a phone. But I might just buy the Infuse outright and save my upgrade until the GS2 comes out. That is if I find that the Processor makes up for the loss in screen size.

This will be my first Android... sure hope it is everything my iphone is and more. :)

The Attic is more powerful than the infuse but its a POS? Please explain your logic.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

chipstien

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Truly there is no logic. Maybe POS is too strong of a word. That was just my experience when using them in the stores. It seemed excessively laggy. In terms of CPU, the Inspire seemed faster, (even though in terms of raw power it is not). I cannot say how much this is due to the OS not taking full advantage of the dual core or just the fact that I have personally never owned a Android and didn't get the learning curve down. But there is way to much negative towards the Atrix to even consider glancing at it.

Regardless, for me it boils down to screen size and at 4" the Atrix is not acceptable. 4.3" is where I draw the line. :)

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Truly there is no logic. Maybe POS is too strong of a word. That was just my experience when using them in the stores. It seemed excessively laggy. In terms of CPU, the Inspire seemed faster, (even though in terms of raw power it is not). I cannot say how much this is due to the OS not taking full advantage of the dual core or just the fact that I have personally never owned a Android and didn't get the learning curve down. But there is way to much negative towards the Atrix to even consider glancing at it.

Regardless, for me it boils down to screen size and at 4" the Atrix is not acceptable. 4.3" is where I draw the line. :)

Not trying to defend the atrix too much, but did you check and see what all was running? The first thing I generally do when test driving a device is close everything and turn wifi off. Most providers I've visited love to keep it on wifi to make the phone appear faster. With that being said I did speed test the atrix and was pleasantly surprised.

I currently have an iP4 and have been dying to get back on an android. I'm strongly considering the infuse and then exchanging it if/when the SG2 comes out. However the SG2 release is looking dismal.

chipstien

May 7, 2011
Visit site
No. Like I said I have never owned a android device, so my knowledge on Androids is minimal. I couldn't begin to tell you how to see what apps are open. Remember I am suffering with a iPone 3GS with a broken screen. But my ancient 3gs can has over 25 apps open at any one time and was only slightly more lag than the Atrix. It is entirely possible I was playing with a fluke

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Strange.... i'v seen people on forums complaining how laggy the atrix is.... i have had it since march 8 and not noticed a single lag for all this time... everything i throw at it just superfast as if i am using an alienware rig..... i dunno... maybe im just lucky...

Last edited:

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am more interested in developer support for the Inspire, that will cure whatever Samsung drags their feet on. Do we know if the Inspire has a cousin elsewhere in the world that would help stimulate developers?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084