What phone will you be switching from?

What are you going to be trading up from?

• Total voters

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Samsung Eternity. I'm planning on heading to the AT&T store sometime tomorrow, and praying they have the Infuse in stock.

The Eternity was a semi-smart phone, really slow compared to what everyone around me has (iphones, droids, etc.), but I'm definitely going to miss the $15/month UNLIMITED data plan.

I'm hoping to have the Infuse by tomorrow!!!:D

I was exact same boat as you, with an Eternity. But trust me, you won't look back.... And welcome to Android Central!

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Sold the Atrix and got the Infuse. The Atrix was a great phone. But really to me, bigger is better. So Im pretty excited about having this massavie screen :)

HushH

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Samsung Eternity. I'm planning on heading to the AT&T store sometime tomorrow, and praying they have the Infuse in stock.

The Eternity was a semi-smart phone, really slow compared to what everyone around me has (iphones, droids, etc.), but I'm definitely going to miss the $15/month UNLIMITED data plan.

I'm hoping to have the Infuse by tomorrow!!!:D

It was very hard giving up my unlimited MediaNet plan (which was only $10 for me because I also have unlimited messaging), but so far I think it is worth it for this phone. I've never used anywhere close to 2GB of data in a month anyway, so it was really just a matter of cost for me.

HushH

May 11, 2011
Visit site
What kind of restocking fee? What if you use the 25 samsung credit?

There shouldn't be a restocking fee if you return it to AT&T. Amazon and Best Buy do not have one either, not sure about other resellers though. I don't think they'll have any way of knowing if you used the credit or not, and I don't think it matters.

Rocket75

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I am actually really happy to see the majority of people switching from the iphone. They have made what trillions off that phone, yet they have done nothing with moving it forward, Android is passing them like crazy, screen size, higher rez camera's, customization, 4G speed, yet Apple is just not developing at all. Now of latest news, Apple is going to cram a 4" screen into the same size case, and confirmed new phone will not have 4G. And it will be called what the 4GS? With all the money they have been making I don't feel sorry for them, they have really put nothing into advancing their phones in the market, and love to see them loosing ground quickly. It used to be the greatest thing, but I am doubting if it ever will be again. I had an apple 3G (1st Gen), then got a 3GS, and I was so disappointed with their 4G decided to hold out waiting. Now Android has me with the Infuse and no way Apple can get me back, especially with the latest news of their next gen phone (the news that has leaked).

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
It was very hard giving up my unlimited MediaNet plan (which was only $10 for me because I also have unlimited messaging), but so far I think it is worth it for this phone. I've never used anywhere close to 2GB of data in a month anyway, so it was really just a matter of cost for me.

I am "trying" the $15 200 MB plan to start. But after about two and half days, I have eaten 60 MB :eek: so I don't think it's going to cut it. Granted, I DL'd a bunch of apps on the road, which was stupid since I have WiFi at home, of course, but I still think I'll rip through it pretty quickly. ;)

nathanxlikexwhoa

May 20, 2011
Visit site
hey guys, so im posting this response from my new infuse:D

So far im lovin it, the size is big, but I have no complaints about it whatsoever. And this phone is blazing fast compared to my old eternity. Im still trying to get used to the keyboard, but it shouldnt take to long

I do feel like I got jipped at the att store though. So the salesman told me if I bought a case ($35) plus a screen protector ($25) hed throw in a 2 gb external micro sd card ($25) for free and also waive the activation fee. The case I love, but the screen protector seemed a bit steep, but he did explain its bubble free and can be washed and reused. Anyways I guess I shouldve done my hw, coz the phone comes with tons of internal memory...

So overall with the phone, case, screen protector, micro sd card (free), insurance ($10), nearly 10% sales tax all came up to $319. How much was your guys totals?

romeoso

May 16, 2011
Visit site
came from my nexus one.. was really waiting on an at&t nexus s.. but the infuse is awesome! i will really miss getting the quick os updates though.. come on, gingerbread! i really want gtalk video chat!

droidor

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Have a Droid X for my Office phone and a samsung impression as my personal. Cant wait to get my hands on the Infuse this coming weekend.

Blendedej8

May 26, 2011
Visit site
came from the iPhone4. i've been a devote fanboy since the 1st gen 2G came out years ago. as i saw already posted, apple just isn't moving forward much which doesnt surprise me much at all really because they tend to **** their loyal users/fans. gave my wife my iPhone4 and got the infuse and so far its not bad, just takes some getting use to but its great so far. looking forward to seeing what this thing can do.... because i havent the slightest clue what im doing.

as for the data plan thing... i told AT&T i was deployed (which i was) and when i reactivated my plan they didnt offer the unlimited plan anymore; so they switched it back for me so now i have the infuse AND unlimited data! boy will they regret that :D

element526

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Happily left the Atrix. Between the connection problems and the heat it got to be to much. So far I really like the Infuse. The amazing thing is that where the Atrix would loose all connectivity (red circle slash) the Infuse holds onto signal like a Pit Bull.

dpr46

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I just switched last week to the Infuse 4G from the Iphone 4. It was time to switch, Ive had all of the iphone models and just got bored with it. Hello android!! and hello to you all!!

DP

May 18, 2011
Visit site
got rid of my iphone 3gs ... was waiting for this phone had exhausted my contract and after being with ATT for many years i got the infuse for 149... first android phone and im loving it... Not looking back.. soon to get my wife one too..... Awesome ... Oh but i don't know what i can do with android yet... but learning

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
IPhone 4.
After 4 years on iPhones and perfection after a sweet jailbreak app called lockinfo i basically got bored and impulse switched to the infuse.
But after almost returning the infuse after 2 days due to battery concerns I think I figured it out.

Love the large screen but text resolution not as good as my prior phone. Anyway planning on keeping the Infuse...the more I learn the more i like it! Did I say I love the size? THE INFUSE IS a lot of FUN.