What phone will you be switching from?

What are you going to be trading up from?

• Total voters

rafa7

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
For a month in January I owned the Captivate, but after finding out that the Infuse was on its way to AT&T I returned it. Its been a long wait... the Captivate hooked me into smartphones.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
First smartphone, very excited. Current phone is a Samsung Eternity. Gonna pick up the Infuse at Costco with the $30 off coupon and free activation. Can't beat it!

HushH

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Coming from an unlocked HD2. Gonna give the Infuse a try. I've tried several other devices including the Captivate and none could make me give up the HD2 - mainly due to the outstanding dev support for that phone. Larger screen is a higher priority for me than dual core, but if the dev support isn't there for the Infuse then I'll return it and wait on the SG2.

First smartphone, very excited. Current phone is a Samsung Eternity. Gonna pick up the Infuse at Costco with the $30 off coupon and free activation. Can't beat it!

My wife had an Eternity before upgrading to an Xperia X10. That was a great little phone and it has now been passed down to my son. We'll probably hold on to that one as a back up device as long as we can.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Larger screen is a higher priority for me than dual core, but if the dev support isn't there for the Infuse then I'll return it and wait on the SG2.

My wife had an Eternity before upgrading to an Xperia X10. That was a great little phone and it has now been passed down to my son. We'll probably hold on to that one as a back up device as long as we can.

Yes, the Eternity is about as functional a phone can be without being a smartphone. I will miss my $15/month unlimited data plan.

I like your idea about just returning the Infuse if the support isn't there. Do you know how long AT&T's return policy is good for? I can't imagine it being beyond 30 days or so, but maybe I'm wrong... And I'm assuming it would not have to be in brand-new (unused) condition. I guess I can google it, but it sounds like maybe you've had experience doing it... Anyway, thanks for the idea!

HushH

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the Eternity is about as functional a phone can be without being a smartphone. I will miss my $15/month unlimited data plan.

I like your idea about just returning the Infuse if the support isn't there. Do you know how long AT&T's return policy is good for? I can't imagine it being beyond 30 days or so, but maybe I'm wrong... And I'm assuming it would not have to be in brand-new (unused) condition. I guess I can google it, but it sounds like maybe you've had experience doing it... Anyway, thanks for the idea!

It is 30 days. Basically you can return it in that time period as long as you haven't scratched it, nicked it, or dinged it and it hasn't been modified (root, etc) in any way. I have returned several devices and it's pretty painless. Just make sure you don't let it go past the 30 days. And make sure when you return the device that they reset your upgrade eligibtility status.

Edited To Add: Costco will have the device at launch and from what I've been told they have a 90 day return policy if that's where you plan to pick it up. I'd check with them to confirm that though.

Reactions: reefrunway

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought my Atrix at Costco. I had 2 weeks to change my mind and revert back to my old month to month contract without incurring any fees. 30 days to swap the phone for another. 90 days to exchange the phone for a new one if there are problems, but it has to be the same phone. After 90 days, the warranty reverts to, in my case, AT&T.

I'm swapping my Atrix for the Infuse today, at Costco. Might as well take the plunge. I need a bigger screen. I hope I don't regret this.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm swapping my Atrix for the Infuse today, at Costco. Might as well take the plunge. I need a bigger screen. I hope I don't regret this.

I don't think they'll have 'em in stock until Sunday (5/15). But let us know if that's not the case - that'd be great! :D

rebshalom

May 10, 2011
Visit site
What phonen will I be switchingn from?

This is for my wife who is computer challenged. She is giviong up he iPhone 3g, which she hated from day 1.
I am staying with my Blackberry for 2 reasons.
1) It does everuything I need a smart phone to do
2) I have too much invested in software.
Also, I have a gtablet to play with Android on

espresso1967

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Same here, picking this up for wife coming from iphone. Sticking to my Blackberry Torch waiting till August for the 9900. Anyways this phone looks very nice and recommended it to my wife as she like to watch youtube and movies on her iphone. I thought of the 4.5 screen. I don't watch movies on my phone so this is a non issue for me. I am kind of excited for her, can't wait till 2pm to hand it to her.

willyf

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Just got the Infuse today. Waited for the At&t store to open at 10. Was the first one in. They only had 4 Infuse's and I got number 1. Traded up from an IPhone and it is SWEEEEETTT!!!

Awa004

May 16, 2011
Visit site
It is 30 days. Basically you can return it in that time period as long as you haven't scratched it, nicked it, or dinged it and it hasn't been modified (root, etc) in any way. I have returned several devices and it's pretty painless. Just make sure you don't let it go past the 30 days. And make sure when you return the device that they reset your upgrade eligibtility status.

Edited To Add: Costco will have the device at launch and from what I've been told they have a 90 day return policy if that's where you plan to pick it up. I'd check with them to confirm that though.

What kind of restocking fee? What if you use the 25 samsung credit?

nathanxlikexwhoa

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Samsung Eternity. I'm planning on heading to the AT&T store sometime tomorrow, and praying they have the Infuse in stock.

The Eternity was a semi-smart phone, really slow compared to what everyone around me has (iphones, droids, etc.), but I'm definitely going to miss the $15/month UNLIMITED data plan.

I'm hoping to have the Infuse by tomorrow!!!:D

wheeliesandstuff

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Jumped in pool with iPhone in pocket. Turned out to be the best mistake I've made in a while. Infuse has took it all to a new level and set the standard for smartphones. IPhone will deff have to step its game up to outdo this. I have no desire to go back to iPhone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12