Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cases for the Infuse

I know it's early, but thought I'd see if anyone is using a case for their Infuse that they really like. There were two available in the AT&T store here. One was way too bulky. The other was a flexible plastic case that felt nice, but at $35 I'll be looking elsewhere.

My AT&T had several yesterday. Some close fitting 'sleeves', which is what I want, but they had nothing in plain black, only bright colors and shades of grey. I go the Ballistic case. I like the protection, but the corner, rubber squares are too bulky for jeans. Nice case, though, if you are looking for some better protection than a plain silicone or rubber 'sleeve'.

I saw some online at a large online (only) retailer). Checked the store here, but not much there yet.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

the at&t store i went to had 4 cases 2 silicone one no name and a case-mate pop case i picked up the case-mate but have yet to try it i just wanted to have something in case.
    Windows Phone:Lumia 920
    Android: Nexus 4
    iOS: iPhone 5

Same thing here.

AT&T store had:

-Ballistic HD - too big for me.

-CaseMate Pop - good case, but they only had it in white,

-Body Glove Geli - had it in three colors. I picked up the carbon fiberish looking one since I thought it matched the phone best. I wanted something to tie me over until something better comes along. I'd like to use the phone naked, or just with a skin, but it does seem slippery and may need a case.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Zeus Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by zhelf View Post
    the at&t store i went to had 4 cases 2 silicone one no name and a case-mate pop case i picked up the case-mate but have yet to try it i just wanted to have something in case.
    Can u put it on and post your opinion of it? I think I'm gonna put a case on it but don't want to bulk it up to much.

"...someting in case." - accidental pun?

The Case Mate is ok, but $30. I decided to go with a $8 one off the web until something I really like comes out.

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

I want to eventually get an Otterbox Commuter, but I think that could take quite a while, unfortunately. I also like Incipio cases -- -- but nothing for the Infuse yet.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBear View Post
    "...someting in case." - accidental pun?

The Case Mate is ok, but $30. I decided to go with a $8 one off the web until something I really like comes out.
    haha my bad i will try it on tonight and give my opinion of it tomorrow or later tonight once i have enough time of trying to use it with different tasks.

they gave me 20% off any accesories at time of purchase it wasn't a corporate store it was a private retailer. but they are close to my house.

im really looking forward to a seidio innocase or perhaps speck will release a fitted for this. but we shall see im always very careful with my phones.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyb View Post
    Can u put it on and post your opinion of it? I think I'm gonna put a case on it but don't want to bulk it up to much.
    well im not going to give a full opinion yet but i can tell you its not a thin case it feels to me like case-mate's version of the speck candyshell case it is thicker but not as thick as an otterbox defender.

Global Posts
    3,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    unNamed v2.2.1

I picked up the case mate that the at&t store sells and I really like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ok the case-mate pop! at At&t is a nice case but havign been able to try it on prior i might have passed. its a thicker case and really takes away the thinness of the phone. Like i said before it feels like a speck candyshell which is nice but the silicone feels a bit too tacky for me and gets snagged on my jeans pocket sometimes. The buttons are all easy enough to hit as they used softer silicone on the buttons than the sides and the fit of the case is very good. I am a bit sketchy when it comes to covering the power button by a case as sometimes it can reduce sensitivity and degrade the hardware over time, Right now it worked great but 3 months in the case who knows. The cutouts are nice and the speaker is in now i am always accidentally covering my speaker when holding in landscape. The case really cool but will not be staying on my phone i will most likely be waiting for a seidio innocase with a spring clip. ill try and get pics up later. as i am at work right now.

Pros:
    -great fit
    -look
    -quality
    -its plastic &rubber so good shock protection

Cons:
    -Price$35 is a bit steep for some
    -Bit too bulky for my taste i always prefer my devices naked.
    -silicone snags sometimes.

ROM
    Stock

I got the "Magenta Rubberized Protector Case" $10 at Amazon. The case came before the phone so I cant tell you how it is on the phone but by itself it seems like good protection, not very bulky.

I found the Case Mate barely there case in black

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Zeus Build 3

I just ordered the case mate barely there from amazon for mine. It was the thinnest case I could find. I'm afraid any case at all is gonna make the phone too bulky.

This is my wives Ballistic case she got the day I bought her the phone. Unlike me that uses a holster, most women carry it in the back pocket and though this case looks bulky, it fits right in her back pocket.

Pics taken with my blackberry torch

Last edited by espresso1967; 05-18-2011 at 02:38 AM.

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

Quote Originally Posted by espresso1967 View Post
    This is my wives Ballistic case she got the day I bought her the phone. Unlike me that uses a holster, must women carry it in the back pocket and though this case looks bulky, it fits right in her back pocket.
    Looks like a nice sturdy case. Take a little bit away from the device's thinness, but hey, I gotta get something here quick... It's just a matter of time before "The First Drop" ... LOL!!!

Well she has dropped her iphone a few times and this time this case should give it enough protection. I did get her insurance but at $150 for the deductible, I rather her preserve her phone as much as possible.
    Blackberry 9900 Bold & Z10
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

wow that ballistic case is nice! i might have to check that out to use at work.

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

I got Case Mate Spot from AT&T store. 35 bucks. I like it. Of course takes away from the phone's thin factor, but i had to get something. I am one who always drops my phone at some point, and thought it unwise to wait much longer. My last phone had a generic silicone case and that did more harm than good, as it traps dirt and dust and chafes the phone. I don't think the CM Spot will do that.
    Italiano Papi

Global Posts
    3,542 Global Posts
    ROM
    iOS 5.1

When you guys get that case mate barely there case, Snap some pics if you can. I want to see it from different angles how it looks on the phone. I dont really want to take away from the look of the phone so I would look for the thinnest case. I was thinking about just BodyGuarding the whole thing with that clear shield they have.
    Just swapped out the Xoom Tablet for an IPhone. I never ever thought I would get an IPhone. Im currently eating my words. Apple has a lot going on here....Im loving both platforms.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

didn't care for what at&t had, so on a whim, I got a Body Glove branded case for my Infuse from Amazon.com. I have to admit, I really am liking it. Super textured, two piece snap together design. Less worried about the phone randomly slipping out of my hands now.

Amazon.com: Body Glove Samsung 9217701 Infuse Flex Snap-On Case - 1 Pack - Case - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Cool. I picked up the same one from WalMart today and I really like it as well. They actually had three different Body Glove cases. A gel/silicone one for $14.95, a hard plastic case for $17.95, and the DuraFlex Soft Touch case (which I got) for $24.95. The only reason I mention them is because no one else around here had any cases for the Infuse other than the Ballistic and Pop at the AT&T store.
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,786 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sorry it took so long but here are pics of the case-mate pop case on the device.

Last edited by zhelf; 05-20-2011 at 08:07 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    HushHScottyb 

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

Quote Originally Posted by HushH View Post
    Cool. I picked up the same one from WalMart today and I really like it as well. They actually had three different Body Glove cases. A gel/silicone one for $14.95, a hard plastic case for $17.95, and the DuraFlex Soft Touch case (which I got) for $24.95. The only reason I mention them is because no one else around here had any cases for the Infuse other than the Ballistic and Pop at the AT&T store.
    Thanks, Hush! Good to know. I'm gonna go check those out even though I already got the CaseMate Pop, which I really like. Can't hurt to have a back-up or whatever...

ROM
    Jellybean 4.1.1 JRO03C

Sorry it took so long but here are pics of the case-mate pop case on the device.

I got white, too! It's totally growing on me. My one worry was that it'll get dirty fast, but I don't think so, as when you set it down, it doesn't rest on the white plastic part, but instead on the gray rubber grippy part. Cheers!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast