Infuse getting Gingerbread in a couple days??

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Official: Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy Tab getting Gingerbread update in mid-May -- Engadget
Samsung Offers Android 2.3 'Gingerbread' Upgrade for GALAXY S and GALAXY Tab

SEOUL--(Korea Newswire) May 16, 2011 -- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., a global leader in Android? mobile devices, today announced the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) upgrade to the Samsung GALAXY S, GALAXY Tab, and GALAXY Ace/Gio/Fit/mini, giving users enhanced performance and an improved user interface.

The GALAXY S and GALAXY Tab are Samsung's intelligently designed smart devices with 1 GHz application processors, giving users an intuitive, immersive and integrated mobile experience.

The upgrade from Froyo 2.2 to Gingerbread 2.3 offers an even greater user experience, with features including:

? Faster Performance ? Multimedia content now has a lower CPU consumption rate, while support for more powerful 3D Graphics enables an enhanced mobile gaming experience.
? Upgraded Usability ? The user interface has been improved, enabling faster access and control and a more intuitive user experience. Users will also benefit from improved copy-and-paste functionality.

The Android 2.3 upgrade will start with GALAXY S in the UK and Nordic countries from mid-May, and gradually rolled out to other European markets, North America, Southeast Asia, the Middle East Asia, Africa and rest of the world according to the regional plan.

The upgrade will be available via Kies, Samsung's device management software. Kies can be downloaded from Samsung's corporate website (SAMSUNG).

Is the Infuse considered a Galaxy S device??? Or is only the Captivate?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I think they only mean the original Galaxy S line. Plus, it will be more than a few days for the US variants.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I got excited for a moment, it would really stink if the older sammy's got gingerbread before their newest release in the US.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Thats probably whats gonna happen in this case since the Infuse isnt a Galaxy S phone. My expierence with Samsung and there updates wasnt great. I had the Captivate and it still had Eclair running on it. And was told over and over that froyo was comming. And it never came until a pretty long time later. But way before I had already installed the Froyo leak on it before Sammy was able to catch up. Not sure how its gonna go these days with there updates.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yea the galaxy s line was left behind big time here in the US it was a real shame too because it was nice to have a variant of every carrier so all you had to do was pick your carrier for a great device.

the infuse will def. not be included in this update as others have said it is not considered a galaxy S phone but i do hope and believe samsung has learned their lesson as to present more timely updates. we shall see at least froyo has much needed improvements over eclair so being stuck on it is not so bad. and hopefully the infuse will be much more popular than the captivate and we will see some good vanilla gingerbread roms!

code1

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep it would be nice if the Infuse had 2.3. I know several friends who said they were going to a 2.3 phone so the Infuse was out for them until a update happened down the road. Just seems like if you are going to build a new phone with huge screen and all the tricks why just put outdated 2.2 on it?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Yep it would be nice if the Infuse had 2.3. I know several friends who said they were going to a 2.3 phone so the Infuse was out for them until a update happened down the road. Just seems like if you are going to build a new phone with huge screen and all the tricks why just put outdated 2.2 on it?

probably because they wanted to just get it out asap so there is a bit of time between the infuse and the Attain.

hmm the race is on who will give us 2.3 first the Dev community with roms? or Samsung/ATT? haha sorry thats not even a fair contest. :p

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread isnt a dramatic difference compared to Froyo. Id be more happy with Ice Cream Sandwich which is supposed to be a HoneyComb/GingerBread hybrid.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread isnt a dramatic difference compared to Froyo. Id be more happy with Ice Cream Sandwich which is supposed to be a HoneyComb/GingerBread hybrid.

Not dramatic to everyone else. The big thing to us is that they optimized it for the Hummingbird. The performance and smoothness boost is huge.

2Munkeez

May 11, 2011
Visit site
i look forward to the update, whenever and whichever (Gingerbread/Ice cream sandwich) it is.

i'm a little confused on one thing, though. i've heard more than a couple people (on different forums) say that Samsung has probably learned theire lesson, in regards to taking forever with an update. how did they learn their lesson? what did it cost them, by dragging their feet? was their any lost cutomers or business? i'm truly curious, what negative result, from their slow speed occurred that would discourage them from taking just as long with the next one?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000